Notices

Fuel gauge help

Search this Thread

Old 04 December 2013, 07:47 PM
martin.nicoll
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Fuel gauge help

So I was putting in white dials in my pre-facelift classic and in pulling off the needle for the fuel gauge and snapped the pin.

I have had a search for a set of classic dials and find that the import ones are a lot more common. Can I use import dials in a UK classic as a direct replacement?

If not, can I remove the gauge from the import one and fit it to my original one with no hassle?

Thanks
Old 04 December 2013, 11:20 PM
FMJ
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by martin.nicoll
So I was putting in white dials in my pre-facelift classic and in pulling off the needle for the fuel gauge and snapped the pin.

I have had a search for a set of classic dials and find that the import ones are a lot more common. Can I use import dials in a UK classic as a direct replacement?

If not, can I remove the gauge from the import one and fit it to my original one with no hassle?

Thanks
I only have experience of the MY99-00 Uk turbo dials. Having played with a few sets now I can say don't remove the needles! If you do they are a nightmare to push back in without causing them to stick and bind. They also unwind so they don't read correctly any more and recalibrating them is nigh on impossible to do well.

On the clocks I have played with you can remove the clocks from the board by bending two metal pins on the rear of the board which release each of the clocks. But I think the older dials have a flexible board and have no idea how different this makes things.