Notices

nedd your help guys..!!

Search this Thread

Old 07 November 2013, 06:32 PM
exevo3
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nedd your help guys..!!

ok iv just fitted a prosport boost gauge...im only seeing 0.7bar!!!

spec
polar chipped ecu 1.1bar
full decat and uppipe system
walbro
blitz delete pipe
KnN cone filter.

how am i only seeing 0.7?? car holds this rite through rev range like its standard..

there are 3 outlets on top of the inlet.. iv taken vac off the left hand 1 as you look at the engine.

the boost solenoid 3 port....the bottom pipe is cut short 2 inchs..goes nowhere does nothing...think i can still feel pill... should i have taken vac from this pipe??

iv adjusted actuator...there isnt much adjustment left...

its got to be somthing stupid as it does hold boost....its just poxy low!!!

any ideas guys???
Old 07 November 2013, 09:32 PM
exevo3
Scooby Regular

BUMP anybody?????
Old 07 November 2013, 09:55 PM
gazney101
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Need more info on your car mate, newage, classic etc.

Put your wastegate actuator arm back in the position it was as that is not the problem, what gauge is it a nd try to be a bit clearer as to which pipe you tee'd into, as for a pipe going nowhere? It woudnt be there if it didnt go somewhere so that needs sorting. Try giving a bit more detail mate then people will help ;-)
Old 07 November 2013, 10:13 PM
d-vide
Scooby Regular

I had a similar problem with my gauge, I was fitting mine to the right hand pipe outlet on the inlet manifold and was reading 0.6 bar I then got told to put it on the middle one and now reading 1.2 bar on a prova ecu.
Hope this helps.
Old 07 November 2013, 10:14 PM
matthewn
Scooby Regular

i have a blitz boost guage and i have mine teed into the pipe that goes from sensor on top of boost solenoid to intake, think middle one, my dv goes on the left one,largest one. as for pipe at bottom of boost solenoid,normally goes to nipple on delete pipe area or can be left disconnected with pill in, i got this from a thread on here and mine works fine, and have same set up as you nearly. should have pipe from middle and top of boost solenoid to actuator and turbo. maybe wrong but as said was taken from a reliable thread on here.
Old 07 November 2013, 10:51 PM
exevo3
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by d-vide
I had a similar problem with my gauge, I was fitting mine to the right hand pipe outlet on the inlet manifold and was reading 0.6 bar I then got told to put it on the middle one and now reading 1.2 bar on a prova ecu.
Hope this helps.
ok will try that cheers
Old 07 November 2013, 10:55 PM
exevo3
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by matthewn
i have a blitz boost guage and i have mine teed into the pipe that goes from sensor on top of boost solenoid to intake, think middle one, my dv goes on the left one,largest one. as for pipe at bottom of boost solenoid,normally goes to nipple on delete pipe area or can be left disconnected with pill in, i got this from a thread on here and mine works fine, and have same set up as you nearly. should have pipe from middle and top of boost solenoid to actuator and turbo. maybe wrong but as said was taken from a reliable thread on here.
so if i fit a new pipe from bottom of the solenoid to the delete pipe nipple...do i still need the pill??

i have a polar ecu init but also have a prova...that iv never used...how does that run??
Old 07 November 2013, 11:03 PM
exevo3
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by d-vide
Hope this helps.
at the moment my vac is the left hand outlet....if i move it to the middle what is supposed to go on the left outlet???
Old 08 November 2013, 12:45 AM
simonds1
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So just to clarify.....is the car actually boosting at 0.7 bar?.... as in, you can notice when you drive it that it's not it's normal 1.1 bar and feels slower than normal? Or is the car absolutely fine and seems normal, but the gauge is just reading lower than you'd expect?
Old 08 November 2013, 08:10 AM
exevo3
Scooby Regular

iv never been able to tell boost...so car feels normal.....I don't think I ever had full boost....
Old 08 November 2013, 05:42 PM
matthewn
Scooby Regular

the left larger nipple is for blow off valve if you have on or recirc valve if not.,middle is for the boost guage, and my lower pipe has restrictor pill in but is about 2 inch long but nothing on end of it, it can go to delete pipe,when i get my apexi induction will put it on there but sure you dont have to.if you dont bung off nipple.

Last edited by matthewn; 08 November 2013 at 05:44 PM.
Old 08 November 2013, 07:55 PM
exevo3
Scooby Regular

i took pill out and got loads of over boost....as i should...so looked at pill..hole was tiny after abit of asking around it should be 2mm hole so i drilled it out refitted and got perfect 1.1bar for about 10mins.....now iv 0.5bar which iv been told is limp mode...so..any ideas what has failed?? actuator or 3port?? maf ?? its doing my fekin head in now !!
Old 08 November 2013, 07:57 PM
exevo3
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by exevo3
i took pill out and got loads of over boost....as i should...so looked at pill..hole was tiny after abit of asking around it should be 2mm hole so i drilled it out refitted and got perfect 1.1bar for about 10mins.....now iv 0.5bar which iv been told is limp mode...so..any ideas what has failed?? actuator or 3port?? maf ?? its doing my fekin head in now !!
to add i took pill pipe back off...then run it this time no over boost.. 0.5bar