Notices

sti inlet onto wrx - talk to me

Search this Thread

Old 29 October 2013, 10:25 PM
LeeRoyV
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sti inlet onto wrx - talk to me

right had it recommended to go for an sti inlet on my wrx and delete the tgv's when i fit my other components and car is mapped. now will any newage sti inlet suffice or do i need to obtain a specific sti inlet?? are any mods required if i pick up a uk sti inlet?? i.e. tgv's deleting?

also is there any benefit in fitting a thermal gasket when swapping??

oh its a '05 blobeye wrx and other mods will be
andy forrest hybrid td04 AFTD04H
full 2.5" turbo back decat exhaust
decat uppipe
pipercross panel filter
sti pink injectors
255 fuel pump
TMIC y piece upgrade
3 port boost soleniod
new plugs
Old 29 October 2013, 11:38 PM
debbiesonic
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The top of manifolds on the wrx and sti are the same apart from the sti one is red, it's the lower part which is different. The wrx one houses the tgv's the sti one is hollow i.e does not have the tgv's fitted, nor has it been machined to accept them.
So if you are buying an sti manifold make sure it comes with the lower part as it can be unbolted. Equally you don't really need the top manifold at all, only the lower part is required to delete the tgv's.
Thermal gasket is very handy if you plan fitting a different turbo inlet pipe as it gives you more room. as for actual thermal benefits that would require your own testing I'e i'm not getting involved in that debate.
On a side note, changing the manifold is not the most fun job you will ever do (very time consuming and fiddly) and the performance gains are very minimal on standardish engine. imo not worth the hassle........... unless your'e going for the carberry rom.