Notices

Turbo boost issue

Search this Thread

Old 27 October 2013, 08:31 PM
scooby96wrx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo boost issue

Hi I have had an ongoing boost problem and still doing it after changeing bcs Maf plugs.the car normally boosts to around 10 psi but now hitting 6psi and keeps stalling sometimes it will drop right down to around 100rpm then jump back up but most the time it just stalls after boost.its fine when off boost no stalling the car is a 1996 wrx import.only mods is full blitz exhaust turbo back. induction kit
And blow off valve blanked blow off valve off and still was running low boost and stalling.last week the car was shooting all the way up to 15 and would hit fuel cut just not sure on what to try next replaced intercooler aswell.checked all pipes and coil packs.I did use second hand bcs and maf so not 100℅ if they were in working condition but was told so.the car did the same thing with both fitted eatherway.I have tryed most things I was told to but I am thinking could it be the actuator or even turbo.any info would be greatfull.

Thanks

Last edited by scooby96wrx; 27 October 2013 at 09:36 PM.
Old 27 October 2013, 08:53 PM
scoootie5@work
Scooby Regular

Hi

I'm no expert but have you checked the small hoses that go to the inlet manifold as these may cause stalling and if the pipe from boost controller to inlet is split it may mess up the boost control.
Or if you have a boost gauge check the T piece.

Regards
Scott
Old 27 October 2013, 09:10 PM
codfather
Scooby Regular

Second that..check and replace all worn vacuum pipes (you can buy silicone pipe for pence off fleabay)

Also have you cleaned your maf sensor (with brake cleaner) as with induction kits these usually get manked up
Old 27 October 2013, 09:15 PM
scooby96wrx
Scooby Regular

Cheers for the info Scott.I am waiting in some silicone hose coming. I am going to change every bit of hose I can see.I have also bought a new boos gauge and going to fit that when it arrives.
I was told it could be the actuator or even a possible crack split in a pipe that opens up with boost ect.I have tryed a lot of things but its the stalling after boost and the way the boost gauge needle sort of sticks when you put your foot down that keeps me thinking a split pipe or something leaking would cause the stalling after boost.it doesn't stall if driving off boost.
Hopefully some one would have an idea of were I could look at.

Thankyou for all the help guys.
Old 27 October 2013, 09:27 PM
scooby96wrx
Scooby Regular

Thanks codfather I have got some off eBay on its way.I cleaned both Maf s I have the secondhand one looked OK but gave it a clean with carb cleaner they both do the same thing and when unplugged the car just dies.so I think they are working.was going to give the icv a clean with break cleaner but not sure if it is that as the car is at 800/900rpm at idle when warmed up its not hunting or anything just sits there.it is using extra fuel tho.that could just be down to the boost issue I hope.that's why I appreciate you guys with your info hopefully I can get this sorted.

Thanks again.

Last edited by scooby96wrx; 27 October 2013 at 09:33 PM.
Old 27 October 2013, 09:35 PM
codfather
Scooby Regular

Dont forget to check and read the ecu codes. .this could point out a sensor problem or at least help you find out what the problem is
Old 27 October 2013, 09:48 PM
scooby96wrx
Scooby Regular

I have mate got 45 map sensor that's why I got the full BCS and the sensors with it.I changed them reset ecu and no code has came back.I was told to put my old maf and bcs back on as the ones I got didn't solve the problem.I think the code must of showed as I unplugged all sensors as I got told to check they were all connected properly.there is no codes now and its been about 2 weeks.got told to take the actuator pipe off and go for a short drive and see if the boost just keeps going and it went right up to 15 psi and would of kept going so its boosting with out the pipe on actuator not to sure what the lad said that would show or prove.

Thanks mate.

Last edited by scooby96wrx; 27 October 2013 at 09:51 PM.