Notices

Major fuel pump problem, help

Search this Thread

Old 25 September 2013, 04:13 PM
matt12
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Major fuel pump problem, help

Have recently bought a v8 sti and have been preparing it for a remap, the most recent modification I have tried to accomplish today was an uprated fuel pump.
I have taken the two flexible hoses off with the metal attachments no problem but when I got to the hose with the plastic plug with the orange fastening as seen on this photo that's when everything went wrong!!!!

The plug and fastening are basically destroyed so I need to cut the hard hose where I can to get the most length, this is the wrong size to fit over the nozzle however and isn't long enough anyway,
So my question is do I try and buy some flex hose and try and jubilee clip it both ends but may restrict the fuel or replace the whole lot but don't know where the other end is, has anyone else had the same problem or can someone please help me, car is obviously undriveable at the moment so is a nightmare,
Replies would be much appreciated,
Matt.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	68.4 KB
ID:	13731  
Old 25 September 2013, 05:27 PM
trevsjwood
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm fairly certain that's the main fuel line and that connection is affected by corrosion which stops the connector unclipping, I had this problem but managed to get the thing off without damage but with two pairs of hands and a lot of swearing. You need to source another connector but how you join it all up is past the point of DIY I would have thought.
Trev
Old 25 September 2013, 07:11 PM
matt12
Scooby Regular

Our patience didn't last so long unfortunately, take the diameter sizes and a 6mm to 8mm diameter adapter with an interconnecting bit of rubber hose may do it or like you said getting a professional which will cost god knows how much!
Old 25 September 2013, 08:34 PM
trevsjwood
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

would be worth giving japperformanceparts.co.uk a ring, they are in Crawley, Surrey, contact details on their website.
They might be able to help you out with bits, they sell used fuel pump cradles etc and are certainly good for any advice.
Trev
Old 26 September 2013, 03:45 PM
matt12
Scooby Regular

Just an update really, tried to repair as best I could but still leaking a bit on the pressure line, must be some pressure, after speaking with dean from three arches in Cardiff I'm having it picked up so a proper job can be done, will get a health check aswell, can anyone vouch for these guys, know that there are some people there from the old Cvc garage, had nothing but bad experiences from there though!!!!