Notices

UK classic - Sports Cat and STI TMIC?

Search this Thread

Old 04 September 2013, 06:43 PM
328isport
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UK classic - Sports Cat and STI TMIC?

Hi guys,

I've got a pretty stock MY97 UK impreza turbo, engine mods being just a Magnex 2.5" system with a second decat pipe, and a panel filter. I'm not planning to do anything crazy engine wise, i'm considering an ESL ecu/map but that will be a little down the line.

What i'm proposing to do more short term is fit a sports cat downpipe from japspeed (I think) who have the offer on here (I still have the original catted downpipe fitted) and a larger TMIC from a newage STI, can anyone tell me if I can expect to see any increase in performance/improved drivability from fitting just these parts?

I'd also be interested to hear from anyone who has the Japspeed sports cat mated to a 2.5" system, as I understand the sports cat is 3" all the way through, the trader has said it will fit fine with the other gasket supplied, but just wondered if anyone who is actually running one can confirm this is the case and it lasts/hasn't caused any issues.

Cheers!
Old 06 September 2013, 12:20 PM
328isport
Scooby Regular

Any ideas?
Old 13 September 2013, 10:16 PM
Kurse-030
Scooby Newbie

What size is the pipe in front of your cat? (up pipe?) If 3" then yes probably it's a good mod. If 2.5" than no, i'd say it would create the same/more backpressure as it would resolve (not the cat itself but the widening an narrowing combined)