Notices

impreza wrx type uk

Search this Thread

Old 13 September 2013, 09:49 PM
ryan51
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default impreza wrx type uk

hello everybody,new to this site.currently have an astra vxr but have been offerd a 2006 hawkeye impreza wrx uk spec.could some one please explain the difference between that and a wrx sti?the guy that is selling it says when he bought it the garage told him it had an uprated turbo/pistons/injectors and is running around 380bhp.however there is no proof of this.is there an easy way to check if this is true or not?at the minute the only thing keeping me interested in it is the possibilty it has.this wrx also has the full leather which im not a fan of and the subaru calipers.how much roughly am i looking at for the blue sti interior and brembo calipers?thanks for your time,ryan.
Old 13 September 2013, 09:55 PM
Scoobydoo Ste
Scooby Regular

The 2.5 engines are not the most reliable subaru have made, The only way to check power output would be to put it on a rolling road... The seats are likely to cost around £250 in decent condition, The Brembo brakes for a full set I think around £700.
Old 13 September 2013, 10:09 PM
ryan51
Scooby Regular

thanks for the reply mate.this also has the 5 speed box if that makes a difference?it has done 50 thousand miles and had a major service done at that time.im just unsure wether its worth me getting rid of mine which is newer/less miles etc.the leather would have to go sharpish haha.so a dyno would be the only way of veryfyin the mods?no visual check?cheers,ryan.
Old 13 September 2013, 10:17 PM
Scoobydoo Ste
Scooby Regular

If I were you I'd sell the VXR and buy a Blobeye STi.

Unless you have receipts for the work carried out and mapping then no there isn't any way to check what's been fitted and only a dyno will tell you for sure what power it's putting out.

Just noticed your location says Cyprus, You living there or over with the Army?
Old 14 September 2013, 06:23 AM
ryan51
Scooby Regular

yeh im here with the military mate.have been for 3.5 years.my problem with selling the vxr is i bought it tax free.they have crazy rules over here.if i were to sell to some 1 non military i would have to pay a duty on it which is 7k.(thats what i have been told anyways)so realisticly od have to sell it for 7k just to brake even.i know its worth more then 7k.its a 2010 with 33 thousand on the clock.this scooby was going to be a straight swap.if it were the wrx-sti i would of bitten his hand off i think.just think its going to take a lot of money/time to get it how i want it.thanks for the reply mate,ryan.