Notices

Wrx sti type ra Version 6 limited

Search this Thread

Old 29 August 2013, 08:31 PM
carl heath
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wrx sti type ra Version 6 limited

hi all, i have seen the above car for sale and would like to know a, is it a real spec subaru (is there such a version) and b,how do i tell it is what they are saying it is !

I know that there have been many variations for sale on several sights and that many on here have said its not what its supposed to be or what the seller thinks it is so would like the knowledge of you guys to know if there is a v6 wrx sti type ra limited please,its a four door,got roof scoop,blue all suede seats and cant really give anymore imfo,i could ask for the model code,many thanks
Old 29 August 2013, 08:59 PM
jayallen
Scooby Regular

It does sound like what its supposed to be, should also have DCCD....the model code should be GC8G4DD.
Old 29 August 2013, 09:53 PM
Vommit Comet
Scooby Regular

Is that the eBay car? I was a little suspicious if that's the one, I didn't think they had the wrx sticker on the boot!
Old 29 August 2013, 10:05 PM
carl heath
Scooby Regular

Yes mate its on ebay from japancarsdirect. Thats why i posted as didnt want to buy a lemon that isnt what its supposed to be,ive posted on ra forum but no reply yet.
Jayallen should it have side skirts ? It has colour coded skirts and front splitter and does have the wrx sticker on boot,splitter could have been fitted aftermarket as with skirts but if you know any of these answers id be greatfull mate,thankou,carl.
Old 29 August 2013, 10:14 PM
Vommit Comet
Scooby Regular

The engine codes are the most important thing! There's about 10 different ones for ra's v ltds etc, when I bought my 555 the expert importer listed it as a ra! Completely wrongs. Check the engine code there was something on line with them all on!

The bodywork on that has had lots of mods! Be mindfull of the interior all the blue is a bit much!
Old 29 August 2013, 10:28 PM
jayallen
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by carl heath
Jayallen should it have side skirts ? It has colour coded skirts and front splitter and does have the wrx sticker on boot,splitter could have been fitted aftermarket as with skirts but if you know any of these answers id be greatfull mate,thankou,carl.
No I don't think they had skirts but pretty sure it had the big WRX STI sticker on the boot.

Originally Posted by Vommit Comet
The engine codes are the most important thing! There's about 10 different ones for ra's v ltds etc, when I bought my 555 the expert importer listed it as a ra! Completely wrongs. Check the engine code there was something on line with them all on!
The model code is the most important thing, it tells you the exact model....As you said, the 555 isn't an RA that's because its based on a V2 STI where as the STI V Limited is an RA being based on a V2 STI RA but with all the trimmings.
Old 29 August 2013, 10:29 PM
carl heath
Scooby Regular

I will see if i can get the gc8 code and check it out,someone has posted on ra forum that they looked at it and thought the cambelt and oil had not been done as stated that they had,also said interior was not too clever so may give it a miss,not sure really.also said he thought he would take 4k
Old 29 August 2013, 10:40 PM
jayallen
Scooby Regular

I've just seen the pics on eBay, it has all the hallmarks of being what they say it is....
Old 29 August 2013, 10:49 PM
carl heath
Scooby Regular

Cool thanks folks next thing is to call them and get the code,anyone bought from these japancarsdirect ?
Old 30 August 2013, 03:28 PM
CREWJ
Scooby Regular

Does look very nice.
Old 30 August 2013, 07:15 PM
carl heath
Scooby Regular

It does have the code gc8g4dd so is what it says but its had skirts fitted as it did not have them from factory,also got front lip spoiler not from factory and newage alloys so its not oe but looks good,also a guy on ra forum said its a wrx grille should be sti,seems a bit busy and had a few things played with so is it worth a punt or not ? A guy looked at it from ra forum and he never bought it so does that mean anything I don't know ? Carl.
Old 30 August 2013, 07:57 PM
CREWJ
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by carl heath
It does have the code gc8g4dd so is what it says but its had skirts fitted as it did not have them from factory,also got front lip spoiler not from factory and newage alloys so its not oe but looks good,also a guy on ra forum said its a wrx grille should be sti,seems a bit busy and had a few things played with so is it worth a punt or not ? A guy looked at it from ra forum and he never bought it so does that mean anything I don't know ? Carl.
That makes no sense. The grill is the same for all spec if it's the same age.
Old 31 August 2013, 02:42 PM
stedee
Scooby Regular

i think the splitter does come on those, i`m sure its a v6 splitter anyway. i think what he means about the grill is the badge is a wrx, as said the grills themselves are exactly the same. looks decent to me.
Old 31 August 2013, 10:32 PM
MattyB1983
Scooby Regular

Received 45 Likes on 29 Posts

Looks an original genuine example to me.