ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   Wrx sti type ra Version 6 limited (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/984045-wrx-sti-type-ra-version-6-limited.html)

carl heath 29 August 2013 08:31 PM

Wrx sti type ra Version 6 limited

hi all, i have seen the above car for sale and would like to know a, is it a real spec subaru (is there such a version) and b,how do i tell it is what they are saying it is !

I know that there have been many variations for sale on several sights and that many on here have said its not what its supposed to be or what the seller thinks it is so would like the knowledge of you guys to know if there is a v6 wrx sti type ra limited please,its a four door,got roof scoop,blue all suede seats and cant really give anymore imfo,i could ask for the model code,many thanks :thumb:

jayallen 29 August 2013 08:59 PM

It does sound like what its supposed to be, should also have DCCD....the model code should be GC8G4DD.

Vommit Comet 29 August 2013 09:53 PM

Is that the eBay car? I was a little suspicious if that's the one, I didn't think they had the wrx sticker on the boot!

carl heath 29 August 2013 10:05 PM

Yes mate its on ebay from japancarsdirect. Thats why i posted as didnt want to buy a lemon that isnt what its supposed to be,ive posted on ra forum but no reply yet.
Jayallen should it have side skirts ? It has colour coded skirts and front splitter and does have the wrx sticker on boot,splitter could have been fitted aftermarket as with skirts but if you know any of these answers id be greatfull mate,thankou,carl.

Vommit Comet 29 August 2013 10:14 PM

The engine codes are the most important thing! There's about 10 different ones for ra's v ltds etc, when I bought my 555 the expert importer listed it as a ra! Completely wrongs. Check the engine code there was something on line with them all on!

The bodywork on that has had lots of mods! Be mindfull of the interior all the blue is a bit much!

jayallen 29 August 2013 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by carl heath (Post 11193886)
Jayallen should it have side skirts ? It has colour coded skirts and front splitter and does have the wrx sticker on boot,splitter could have been fitted aftermarket as with skirts but if you know any of these answers id be greatfull mate,thankou,carl.

No I don't think they had skirts but pretty sure it had the big WRX STI sticker on the boot.

Originally Posted by Vommit Comet (Post 11193892)
The engine codes are the most important thing! There's about 10 different ones for ra's v ltds etc, when I bought my 555 the expert importer listed it as a ra! Completely wrongs. Check the engine code there was something on line with them all on!

The model code is the most important thing, it tells you the exact model....As you said, the 555 isn't an RA that's because its based on a V2 STI where as the STI V Limited is an RA being based on a V2 STI RA but with all the trimmings.

carl heath 29 August 2013 10:29 PM

I will see if i can get the gc8 code and check it out,someone has posted on ra forum that they looked at it and thought the cambelt and oil had not been done as stated that they had,also said interior was not too clever so may give it a miss,not sure really.also said he thought he would take 4k:thumb:

jayallen 29 August 2013 10:40 PM

I've just seen the pics on eBay, it has all the hallmarks of being what they say it is....:thumb:

carl heath 29 August 2013 10:49 PM

Cool thanks folks next thing is to call them and get the code,anyone bought from these japancarsdirect ?

CREWJ 30 August 2013 03:28 PM

Does look very nice.

carl heath 30 August 2013 07:15 PM

It does have the code gc8g4dd so is what it says but its had skirts fitted as it did not have them from factory,also got front lip spoiler not from factory and newage alloys so its not oe but looks good,also a guy on ra forum said its a wrx grille should be sti,seems a bit busy and had a few things played with so is it worth a punt or not ? A guy looked at it from ra forum and he never bought it so does that mean anything I don't know ? Carl.

CREWJ 30 August 2013 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by carl heath (Post 11194629)
It does have the code gc8g4dd so is what it says but its had skirts fitted as it did not have them from factory,also got front lip spoiler not from factory and newage alloys so its not oe but looks good,also a guy on ra forum said its a wrx grille should be sti,seems a bit busy and had a few things played with so is it worth a punt or not ? A guy looked at it from ra forum and he never bought it so does that mean anything I don't know ? Carl.

That makes no sense. The grill is the same for all spec if it's the same age.

stedee 31 August 2013 02:42 PM

i think the splitter does come on those, i`m sure its a v6 splitter anyway. i think what he means about the grill is the badge is a wrx, as said the grills themselves are exactly the same. looks decent to me.

MattyB1983 31 August 2013 10:32 PM

Looks an original genuine example to me.