Notices

Gone and bought another one!!

Search this Thread

Old 01 April 2013, 09:13 PM
fieldy1978
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gone and bought another one!!

Evening all, had a fair few scoobys but been off the scene for a while, an opportunity came up and i took it and now a scoob owner again. Ok the car is a 1996 jap import ej20g engine. Bought the car with multiple issues but nothing that overly concerned me and gone straight to work but have a few questions from you subject matter experts.

Problem 1: smoking like a chimney from the OS bank, due to personal experience i recognised the cam cover gasket, £9 and half hour done.

Problem 2: Engine drives and boosts fine until engine is hot then engine warning light comes on, drives fine but boosts very poorly and turbo seems to be dumping lots of air, if this works i will add picture:

Old 01 April 2013, 09:27 PM
fieldy1978
Scooby Regular

This was the turbo coolant supply pipe hence the cooling issues. So not tested yet but touchwood thats sorted now after heating in boiling water and inserting a spring to hold pipe open.

Problem 3: is the engine temperature guage not working, going to order a new temp sender tomorrow, the single spade one not the two bin brown one, if im right the two pin talks to the ecu and the single does guage. If the double is faulty the fans come on straight away i beleive which they dont. So thats a wait out on if switch fixes it.

Problem 4: When cold stalls even when trying to keep up revs, it just dies, and when hot it idles at 2000rpm without fail. ICV valve cleaning im thinking? any other ideas with those symptoms?? Also the pipe that runs from bottom of ICV keeps blowing off will add picture in mo, should this have a clip holding it on or is this pressure an issue? There is a pcv bypass which not sure whats missing from picture(may be airbox due to k and n fitted but will add pics now:

That second pic with the hose clips everywhere is bypassing something and ultimatley goes under the inlet manifold and is the pipe that has popped off the icv, im guessing that the thing above the blown off pipe is the icv?

And lastly that turbo cooling pipe im guessing was the cause for check engine light but will see when i get the coolant switch back in, Car riddled with little issues but slowly working through them all!!
Old 03 April 2013, 06:51 AM
fieldy1978
Scooby Regular

No one have any ideas on the IACV valve?