Electric Window. Front Passenger. MY00

Search this Thread

Old 16 May 2002, 08:01 AM
Gridlock Mikey
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

It don't bloody work [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Not that it was a huge problem during the cold wet weather but now its warmer and me girlfriend likes a smoke, i wondered if anyone could give me some pointers as to what might be wrong with it.

All of the other windows are fine
If i can help it, i don't want to goto a dealer for them to tell me that they need to keep my car for eight years!
Is it a common thing?
If i take the door card off, is there a connection that is at fault the majority of time?
Do the fuses cover all the windows as a circuit or does each window have it's own fuse?
If so which one does me front passenger window?

Giz a clue lads

Mikey

Old 16 May 2002, 08:45 AM
AndyC_772
Scooby Regular

No idea - but it is easier to get the door off than you might think. It's about 2 screws and half a dozen snap fasteners that just pop off. Might be worth just taking the door off and poking around with a multimeter.

Andy.
Old 16 May 2002, 10:17 AM
Hanslow
Scooby Regular

Smile

Dude,

My rear near side one stopped working last year. Dealer sorted it out dead quick. Was down to the block in the door handle of the driver's door. Apparantly, that is the master control, and if that goes, you can't get the window down from either the relevant switch on the door, or the drivers door.

Dealer should be able to sort it and it shouldn't be a long job either. Or you can just pull the switch bit up and have a look yourself. If you wanna pop over I can always test the circuit for you...it could just be a loose connection.
Old 16 May 2002, 09:46 PM
Blue
Scooby Regular

Wink

GM
my front passenger window is pretty ill too - you may have stumbled upon a major MY00 design fault - as for fixing mine - I'll go by the old rule - thrash it - wait till it breaks - mend it - then thrash it some more
Old 17 May 2002, 09:53 PM
Trumble
Scooby Regular

Cool

I just had the front window replaced under warranty - when it was done they noticed that the corner piece at the front of the window had duff rubber runners in - they'd rolled up inside the black plastic corner unit.

I got a replacement corner under warranty - just swapped it this evening - no bother.

Would say though - be careful taking the door card off as the third screw is under the electric window switch unit - you NEED to make sure you prise it off from the front of the door and not the back as you will break the plastic clip and have fun gluing it back together for refitting - and believe me I know.

T.
Old 17 May 2002, 09:59 PM
BaldyMan
Scooby Regular

Cool

I got a piece of rubber come out of mine when i put it up - keeps clunking now - time to go and see the man me thinks
Old 18 May 2002, 11:08 AM
Trumble
Scooby Regular

Sounds like its knack'd - get to your dealer and have them take a look.

T.