Notices

silly man!

Search this Thread

Old 17 January 2013, 11:46 AM
Ash170990
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default silly man!

Well, after looking at my car up on the ramps, with all the bits i wanted to do anyway i.e. paint work, dents and dinks removal, rust removal etc etc i think its going to be better to try and find a mint shell and re-shell it.

So anyways i was talking to my mate (a mechanic) and he was asking what my plans were after its all done etc, and i said to track it, anyway one thing lead to another, and now the plan is a full blown track car lol

So i have a few questions....

What is the best of everything for track use? haha i joke i joke...

main concerns are:
diffs - what sort of power can they handle and will they take abuse all day long? Does anyone do an uprated part?

Shafts - same as above, want something that can take launch after launch after launch for 1/4 mile times...

box - will probably go for a newage 6spd, but what sort of power can these take, andagain would it survive track abuse and launching hard quite frequently?

clutch - again something that will handle big power and abuse lol

cage - how much and where from, ideallly want a weld in cage not bolt in...

coilovers - which are best for track, dont want to go too silly price wise but want something which is quite adjustable

brakes - as it wont be used for road use anymore, we want some big mother truckers! as it will be starting from scratch dont mind rolling the arches or anything (may even fit a 22b kit) to fit some big brakes!

seats - will just be 2 buckets but what fit in the scoob and is there anything you can do to make the standard seat position lower?

steering wheel - will want a quick release wheel, anyone do the boss for this? just to make things easier to get in and out with a cage there lol

then engine - who would be best for a big build?

also, alot of parts will be for sale from the old car, so what sort of prices are things worth i.e. full interior in good condition?

i can see this getting expensive! lol and taking along time=/
Old 17 January 2013, 12:31 PM
Infected by sti
Scooby Regular

Ash wernt you the guy who recently bought the car but was selling it again for another rs

Plans have changed again now have they, what gives lol, Scooby growing on you is it

And yes that list is going to be expensive, but alot of these parts can be bought second hand for a reasonable cost, still gonna be a few quid tho, but you would have a hell of a car

Last edited by Infected by sti; 17 January 2013 at 12:33 PM.
Old 17 January 2013, 12:52 PM
Ash170990
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Infected by sti
Ash wernt you the guy who recently bought the car but was selling it again for another rs

Plans have changed again now have they, what gives lol, Scooby growing on you is it

And yes that list is going to be expensive, but alot of these parts can be bought second hand for a reasonable cost, still gonna be a few quid tho, but you would have a hell of a car
lol yep that was me, yep plans changed after seeing it up on the ramp i dont think i would have got what i wanted for it and needed what i wanted for it for another RS lol

Also, ive never finshed what i want to do with a car lol (mk1 FRS i wanted it up to 300bhp, got to about 250 and sold it, mk2, wanted 400 got to about 320 and sold it lol so this is going to be the one as aftermarket parts are cheaper lol

So as i say itll take a long time but hopefully be worth it!
Old 17 January 2013, 01:02 PM
banny sti
Scooby Senior

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

main concerns are:
diffs - what sort of power can they handle and will they take abuse all day long? Does anyone do an uprated part? Diffs can handle serious power few cars over 600 running them but cusco, kaaz do uprated items

Shafts - same as above, want something that can take launch after launch after launch for 1/4 mile times... as above launched mined a few times and managed a 10.8 and still in 1 piece, frank(PS-06) over on 22b.com does some uprated items at £430 for a pair

box - will probably go for a newage 6spd, but what sort of power can these take, andagain would it survive track abuse and launching hard quite frequently? 5 speed will break from anywhere between 350-400bhp so depending on power goal 6 speed or maybe 5 speed ppg is the way to go

clutch - again something that will handle big power and abuse lol Exedy twin or an ACT clutch

cage - how much and where from, ideallly want a weld in cage not bolt in... custom cages

coilovers - which are best for track, dont want to go too silly price wise but want something which is quite adjustable bilstein b16 setup from chevron with their setup

brakes - as it wont be used for road use anymore, we want some big mother truckers! as it will be starting from scratch dont mind rolling the arches or anything (may even fit a 22b kit) to fit some big brakes! Depends on wheels size but on a lightweight classic AP 4 pots with 330mm discs and a decent pad/disc combo

seats - will just be 2 buckets but what fit in the scoob and is there anything you can do to make the standard seat position lower? Bride seats if u want Gucci with custom rails to make them lower

steering wheel - will want a quick release wheel, anyone do the boss for this? just to make things easier to get in and out with a cage there lol NRG quick release boss

then engine - who would be best for a big build? RCM if you have the money but you’re best speaking to a few ppl such as paul finch, zen performance or SD performance
Old 17 January 2013, 01:05 PM
Ash170990
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by banny sti
main concerns are:
diffs - what sort of power can they handle and will they take abuse all day long? Does anyone do an uprated part? Diffs can handle serious power few cars over 600 running them but cusco, kaaz do uprated items

Shafts - same as above, want something that can take launch after launch after launch for 1/4 mile times... as above launched mined a few times and managed a 10.8 and still in 1 piece, frank(PS-06) over on 22b.com does some uprated items at £430 for a pair

box - will probably go for a newage 6spd, but what sort of power can these take, andagain would it survive track abuse and launching hard quite frequently? 5 speed will break from anywhere between 350-400bhp so depending on power goal 6 speed or maybe 5 speed ppg is the way to go

clutch - again something that will handle big power and abuse lol Exedy twin or an ACT clutch

cage - how much and where from, ideallly want a weld in cage not bolt in... custom cages

coilovers - which are best for track, dont want to go too silly price wise but want something which is quite adjustable bilstein b16 setup from chevron with their setup

brakes - as it wont be used for road use anymore, we want some big mother truckers! as it will be starting from scratch dont mind rolling the arches or anything (may even fit a 22b kit) to fit some big brakes! Depends on wheels size but on a lightweight classic AP 4 pots with 330mm discs and a decent pad/disc combo

seats - will just be 2 buckets but what fit in the scoob and is there anything you can do to make the standard seat position lower? Bride seats if u want Gucci with custom rails to make them lower

steering wheel - will want a quick release wheel, anyone do the boss for this? just to make things easier to get in and out with a cage there lol NRG quick release boss

then engine - who would be best for a big build? RCM if you have the money but you’re best speaking to a few ppl such as paul finch, zen performance or SD performance
Old 17 January 2013, 01:46 PM
Arkynsei
Scooby Regular

So you're willing to spend thousands of pounds on uprated items to track it... but don't think you'll get money back on it to get another RS.. hmm. Why don't you just come clean fella? You love the scooby, it's nothing to be ashamed of, you're amongst friends!

Edit: I say friends.. depends how much more you tell us your RS was soooo much faster and better and could actually get away from a Fiesta.

Last edited by Arkynsei; 17 January 2013 at 01:47 PM.
Old 17 January 2013, 04:20 PM
Ash170990
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Arkynsei
So you're willing to spend thousands of pounds on uprated items to track it... but don't think you'll get money back on it to get another RS.. hmm. Why don't you just come clean fella? You love the scooby, it's nothing to be ashamed of, you're amongst friends!

Edit: I say friends.. depends how much more you tell us your RS was soooo much faster and better and could actually get away from a Fiesta.
I spend thousands on any car i own lol i dont do standard lol
Old 17 January 2013, 04:33 PM
tubbytommy
BANNED

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so youre going to replace the shell as its rusty, replace the gearbox,brakes,shocks and rebuild the engine.

just buy a track car as your chucking your money away.

Last edited by tubbytommy; 17 January 2013 at 04:39 PM.
Old 17 January 2013, 04:45 PM
tubbytommy
BANNED

AND STOP SAYING LOL EVERY THIRD WORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 17 January 2013, 04:55 PM
Ash170990
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by tubbytommy
AND STOP SAYING LOL EVERY THIRD WORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
no lol, does anyone make all the pannels for a 2 door in carbon? lol
Old 17 January 2013, 04:58 PM
tubbytommy
BANNED

Originally Posted by Ash170990
you're a dreamer

Last edited by tubbytommy; 17 January 2013 at 05:02 PM.
Old 17 January 2013, 05:03 PM
Ash170990
Scooby Regular

you're a dreamer, now **** of back to a ford:thumb:
lol and your a *** but you dont hear me complaining lol if you dont like what i type dont read it simples lol

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

not man enough to keep it up? lol

Last edited by Ash170990; 17 January 2013 at 05:08 PM.
Old 17 January 2013, 05:12 PM
tubbytommy
BANNED

ok on a serious note.

a week ago you told us a fiesta was faster then a type r impreza.

now your telling us you are going to replace every single part of your type r after reshelling it.

the cost of what you are trying to achieve would be horrendous and you would be better off buying a track car

im amazed banny even bothered writing such an extensive reply to a dreamer.

anyway carry on.........
Old 17 January 2013, 05:19 PM
Ash170990
Scooby Regular

ok on a serious note.

a week ago you told us a fiesta was faster then a type r impreza.

now your telling us you are going to replace every single part of your type r after reshelling it.

the cost of what you are trying to achieve would be horrendous and you would be better off buying a track car

im amazed banny even bothered writing such an extensive reply to a dreamer.

anyway carry on.........
I dont really see why the cost has anything to do with it?

as for banny writing his reply, im guessing its cause some people like to help rather than put useless comments like your own... could be wrong though.....
Old 17 January 2013, 05:28 PM
**jay**
Scooby Regular

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

*** sake its like a school playground in here at times, its his car and he can do what he likes with it lol
As for the old fords though i was always a cossie man years ago great cars but no chance getting decent ones these days as all rot boxes, good luck with the type r, get some decent power out of it and you wont look back
Jay
Old 17 January 2013, 05:51 PM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

Lolololol
Old 17 January 2013, 08:07 PM
mickywrx
Unmapped 12.4s @ 105

Location: Newcastle. 330bhp-289lb/ft @ 1bar boost - 12.4s @ 105mph
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I hope you've got really deep pockets.

There's over £45K in this car;

And that shell was purchased with a T45 cage already installed.
Old 17 January 2013, 10:44 PM
Ash170990
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by **jay**
*** sake its like a school playground in here at times, its his car and he can do what he likes with it lol
As for the old fords though i was always a cossie man years ago great cars but no chance getting decent ones these days as all rot boxes, good luck with the type r, get some decent power out of it and you wont look back
Jay
Yeah well he started it! Lol

Originally Posted by mickywrx
I hope you've got really deep pockets.

There's over £45K in this car;

And that shell was purchased with a T45 cage already installed.
Looks an animal, spec?
Old 18 January 2013, 12:14 AM
mickywrx
Unmapped 12.4s @ 105

Location: Newcastle. 330bhp-289lb/ft @ 1bar boost - 12.4s @ 105mph
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
spec?
Expensive.

Not mine, a friends car.
Old 18 January 2013, 01:40 AM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Hi there

As Banny said and covered everything,here is what we are run for couple of months like on track or drag strip

Diff: We are run standard WRX diff at 490bhp with 25bhp NOS jet without the problem

Shafts: We are run too standard WRX shafts at this bhp,but we will be upgrading to stronger shafts for sure

Box: PPG too we are run without the problem at this bhp,we are prefer PPG just due gear ratios which offering the PPG

Clutch: 1st Exedy Twin plate lasted 45 runs(but on 1st Exedy Twin Plate just pressure plate has been gone,due this we are replaced like friction plates and pressure plate),second is still in one piece after 45 runs

ACT is good clutch and worth have look on this clutch,replacement parts on them are cheaper than for Exedy

Cage: as Banny said Custom cages dong nice cages

Coilovers: This depends on budget,if you want best KW V3 or Nitron 2 way(3-way will be better,but those cost more than £3k),we are running HSD HR,whihc are great like on track or road,although on the road are firmer

Brakes: K-Sport we are running without the issue,with right pads and discs are great combo,AP or Porsche brakes too people highly rate

Seats: This is personal preference and will add too depends on budget,we are running Sparco and we are love them

Steering wheel: D1 Spec Quick release kit we are run for few months,but we are reverted back to non Quick release kit..Boss kit,best is Works Bell

Engine: As Banny covered Zen Performance,RCM,Paul Finch,EngineTuner and other people,we are using Neil@Slowboy racing for our builds and we are very happy

Good luck there

Jura
Old 18 January 2013, 08:14 AM
banny sti
Scooby Senior

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

http://www.aerosim-research.com/shop...26aid%3D001%26