Notices

QUESTION ON CENTRE BORE...???

Search this Thread

Old 14 January 2013, 01:45 PM
joz8968
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Exclamation QUESTION ON CENTRE BORE...???

I'm looking to buy a particular set of 17" alloys.

Unfortunately, the 17" versions don't appear to come in 5x100 - only in 5x114.3 - for the Impreza.

But I've noticed that 17"s are available in 5x100 and an ET of 45mm... But only for the Audi A2.

Now apparently the A2's centre bore is 57.1mm (can anyone defo confirm this, BTW?!), whereas the Impreza's is 56.1mm -- a 1mm oversize difference.

So, will the extra small gap (0.5mm concentric) be an issue when fitting the alloys to the Impreza's hubs? As the gap is far too narrow to fill out with a spigot ring...

Cheers.

Last edited by joz8968; 14 January 2013 at 01:48 PM.
Old 15 January 2013, 03:18 PM
APIDavid
Former Sponsor
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!Support Scoobynet!

Location: @Junc 12, M40 Warwicksh; 01926 614522 CV33 9PL -Use 9GX for Satnav. South Mids Alcatek ECu dealer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

John, Usually speaking, if the wheel fitter runs the wheel nuts down in a sequence when they have the tapered seat on the inner end the wheel nut it will self centre, especially over that sort of area. It is more of a problem when cars have a plain tube type wheel nut and a large gap where a spigot taper is required.

If you have tapered wheel nuts and they are fitted carefully it shouldn't be a problem.

All must be OK with the car, we haven't seen you in a while and your location on your profile is probably out of date. I knew you hadn't defected - why would you ? but we did miss your presence.

Cheers David
Old 15 January 2013, 03:55 PM
joz8968
Scooby Regular

I have the slim 'Tuner' style nuts with the tapering cone seat (and the same style McGard locking nuts) -- so these would be okay to fit the above the alloys to my hubs then?

Yeah David - I defo haven't 'defected'! Reason I haven't been about is:-

a) Done everything to the car* that my internals/'box will 'allow'

b) Nothing's gone wrong!

* I may still go down the coilovers/poly bushes route... I take it the BCs still deliver the goods? Or do you stock other alternatives?

I don't suppose you can re-quote supply and fitting of:-

- A decent set of approp. coilovers.

- All the bushes replaced with polyurethane types (but I already have the STi 'A-frame' and the WL ALK, Fr & Rr ARBs + Rr droplinks on the car, of course).

- Full geometry reset.

Cheers.

P.S. I will be needing an MOT soon - well May lol. I'll book it in about 2 weeks in advance, nearer the time....

Last edited by joz8968; 15 January 2013 at 04:09 PM.
Old 15 January 2013, 04:34 PM
APIDavid
Former Sponsor
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!Support Scoobynet!

Location: @Junc 12, M40 Warwicksh; 01926 614522 CV33 9PL -Use 9GX for Satnav. South Mids Alcatek ECu dealer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by joz8968

I have the slim 'Tuner' style nuts with the tapering cone seat (and the McGard locking nuts) -- so these would be okay to fit the above the alloys to my hubs then?

Yeah David - I defo haven't 'defected'! Reason I haven't been about is:-

a) Done everything to the car* that my internals/'box will 'allow'

b) Nothing's gone wrong!

* I may still go down the coilovers/poly bushes route... I take it the BCs still deliver the goods? Or do you stock other alternatives?

I don't suppose you can re-quote supply and fitting of:-

1) A decent set of approp. coilovers.

2) All the bushes replace with polyurethane types (but I already have the STi 'A-frame' and the WL ALK & rear droplinks on the car, of course).

3) Full geometry reset.

Cheers.

P.S. I will be needing an MOT soon - well May lol. I'll book it in about 2 weeks in advance, nearer the time....

BC series every time, unbeatable value, never had one fail or play up. Rubber top mounts give occasional trouble on New age cars at the rear, but that was a Subaru original part ....................

Quotation by Pm coming I won't do it on here, it's no-ones business except yours and mine and I cannot stand the MY mate down the pub'll do it for a tenner crap.

David
Old 15 January 2013, 04:49 PM
joz8968
Scooby Regular

Yeah of course, PM.

Cheers.