Notices

heaters not working help please

Search this Thread

Old 03 January 2013, 07:33 PM
wesleeburns-2009
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation heaters not working help please

jet washed car off drove home heaters etc fine went out today nothing checked fuses seem to be ok
top 2 n left 15amp ok under sterring wheel
bottom left two 20amp i think under bonnet

i know i was told before my matrix was leaking because passenger foot well was wet but now its soaking wet anyone had this problem before
cheers

Last edited by wesleeburns-2009; 03 January 2013 at 07:44 PM.
Old 03 January 2013, 09:19 PM
Infected by sti
Scooby Regular

Does your blowers blow when you switch them on? If so i take it they stay cold? Or do they do nothing at all?

If you have water in the footwell, it may not be the matrix but more like a leak in to the cab, if your matrix has gone then you will notice your engine temp rise if its dumped all the coolant over the floor, what makes you think he matrix was leaking, was it the damp carpet? Has your water level dropped on the header tank and overflow? If your not loosing coolant an your temp is sitting fine then chances are you have a leak rarer than a shot matrix
Old 03 January 2013, 09:21 PM
Infected by sti
Scooby Regular

And especially after jet washing the car the problem became more apparent, I think your letting in water somewhere IMO and if the blower has died then it may be getting wet from where water is entering the cab, although that could purely be a coincidence
Old 03 January 2013, 09:47 PM
wesleeburns-2009
Scooby Regular

i have topped up the expansion bottle once but it was less than a cup full last owner put new rad on it been running fine for ages no over heating temp rise i drove a good 30 mins 0n motorway today steady 70 no temp rise

heaters dnt blow at all

as for letting water in it would of been on door etc from window but this just in foot well
i mentioned it when i was checking my ecu before i put some silicone under carpet

so it could be motor then but when i pulled up to park up just after wash heaters where blowing fine on

its done 170 k
my 98 uk turbo
cheers
Old 03 January 2013, 09:49 PM
wesleeburns-2009
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Infected by sti
And especially after jet washing the car the problem became more apparent, I think your letting in water somewhere IMO and if the blower has died then it may be getting wet from where water is entering the cab, although that could purely be a coincidence
where is the blower
Old 03 January 2013, 10:23 PM
Infected by sti
Scooby Regular

Heater blower is up under the glove box, was just thinking if you have any gromits missing or perished? If your not loosing coolant bud I wouldn't have thought it to be the matrix as it would continue to leak every time it was filled.

There are a few threads regarding damp carpets and water in the foot wells, will normally happen more if the car is parked on a gradient, check all your drainage holes are unblocked etc

Last edited by Infected by sti; 03 January 2013 at 10:27 PM.
Old 03 January 2013, 10:42 PM
wesleeburns-2009
Scooby Regular

Heater blower is up under the glove box, was just thinking if you have any gromits missing or perished? If your not loosing coolant bud I wouldn't have thought it to be the matrix as it would continue to leak every time it was filled.

There are a few threads regarding damp carpets and water in the foot wells, will normally happen more if the car is parked on a gradient, check all your drainage holes are unblocked etc
cheers i will check heater asap i got multi meter etc
lastime i had a good feel of the carpet it was dry where the ecu is

are these grommets above the ecu?
are the drain holes under carpet cause i put silicone down there before

also if water has damage heater fan it would of shorted and blown fuse i will check all fuses

what i have read its easy to get to ill have that out toma or next day just been rebuilding forks on my bike always happens when i got something else in bit
Old 05 January 2013, 01:15 PM
wesleeburns-2009
Scooby Regular

Hi
Check coolant no drop the water in the cabin is clear
Think the drain holes are block had a quick look yesterday manage to get it draining abit are these rubber grommets in footwell something to do with the drainage?

Also after draining a little away last night on way bk from work they started working random would this make sense if it was a bad earth
?

I still dnt know where it is comming in