Notices

anyone running a TD06SL2-25g twin scroll turbo on a Blob STI?

Search this Thread

Old 30 December 2012, 01:06 PM
subnoobX
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone running a TD06SL2-25g twin scroll turbo on a Blob STI?

Hi,

Just wanted to know if someone was running the TD06SL2-25g twin scroll turbo on a blob STI and wanted to know what sort of figures it put on the dyno on Vpower only. I would love to see some graphs and hopefully this turbo doesnt have a massive lag. I was considering this option for around 460bhp on my JDM blob STI on Vpower only. Let me know what you all think.

Cheers
Old 30 December 2012, 07:48 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I never knew they did a TD twin scroll conversion but still compared to what is out there you are far better off looking at the SC460 or LM450 turbo's (Billet).

Tony
Old 30 December 2012, 10:10 PM
subnoobX
Scooby Regular

Hi

Yes no one sells those turbos here

So trying to decide which other turbos can I use.

Has anyone tried Tomei m7760???
Old 30 December 2012, 10:12 PM
Infected by sti
Scooby Regular

Order one from the uk and get it sent out to you, I'm sure litcho or the clinic will be more than happy to help if you can afford that route
Old 30 December 2012, 10:13 PM
subnoobX
Scooby Regular

Hi,

I contacted SC but the shipping etc will be expensive to my location. What are my other options?
Old 30 December 2012, 10:41 PM
Infected by sti
Scooby Regular

Where are you from bud? I'm on mobile so can't see have you tried to price up shipping from your end? You only need the weight and the box dimensions which you could probably go off the cuff with or contact who ever to find out what the dimensions are.

There are a good few ts turbos available now, all providing the power they state on the tin, and plenty of suppliers for them here, I'm sure if you do some research you will find postage at a reasonable price, its just things like import duty etc for where you live that may be a bitch!
Old 30 December 2012, 10:44 PM
subnoobX
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Infected by sti
Where are you from bud? I'm on mobile so can't see have you tried to price up shipping from your end? You only need the weight and the box dimensions which you could probably go off the cuff with or contact who ever to find out what the dimensions are.

There are a good few ts turbos available now, all providing the power they state on the tin, and plenty of suppliers for them here, I'm sure if you do some research you will find postage at a reasonable price, its just things like import duty etc for where you live that may be a bitch!
I am from New Zealand, and yeah would be really expensive including the shipping and the product. I can get the 25g with billet compressor wheel and anti surge for a quarter of the sc42 so just hard to make my mind up

Trending Topics

Old 30 December 2012, 10:50 PM
Infected by sti
Scooby Regular

Tough choice then bud, got any links for the turbo in mind?

What are the reviews like you have seen? I.e company, what they like?

Can you find any performance places that sell the turbo in question? Or is it something off eBay so to speak?

There are plenty of "cheap" td05 20g's for sale on eBay here, some make good power, some are pure cack! Hot or miss really, but the point I'm trying to make is you will be better off going for something tried and tested to be sure it aint gonna cause problems or even hold out a little until some more feed back comes back for it and see what people are saying about it.
Old 30 December 2012, 11:00 PM
subnoobX
Scooby Regular

Tough choice then bud, got any links for the turbo in mind?

What are the reviews like you have seen? I.e company, what they like?

Can you find any performance places that sell the turbo in question? Or is it something off eBay so to speak?

There are plenty of "cheap" td05 20g's for sale on eBay here, some make good power, some are pure cack! Hot or miss really, but the point I'm trying to make is you will be better off going for something tried and tested to be sure it aint gonna cause problems or even hold out a little until some more feed back comes back for it and see what people are saying about it.
Na not the cheapies off eBay. Here is the link but you wont be able to view the specs on the website if you are on the phone so Ill paste the specs here.

http://kinugawa.co.nz/product/td06sl...o-twin-scroll/

Specs

These Kinugawa TD06SL2-25g 10cm Subaru turbos include a complete new turbo plus fitting kit.

Specifications:
* Suit EJ20 EJ25 SUBARU IMPREZA / Spec C. Twin Scroll Turbo
* Drop in replacement / upgrade for VF36, VF37, VF42
* Compressor wheel spec: 60.2 / 78mm (25G wheel)
* Larger 3″ compressor cover
* Turbine wheel spec: 54.1 / 61mm (TD06SL2 light weight Turbine wheel)
* Turbine Housing 10cm ported / polished twin scroll turbine housing
* Larger 34mm wasteagte flapper
* Journal Bearing with performance thrust bearing kit with larger thrust ring and flinger
* Oil and Water Cooled
* Actuator Pressure 1 Bar
* Max supported HP 400~500HP
* Boost Limit 2.8 Bar (Based on Performance bearing kit with larger thrust bearing )
* Kit Includes two Turbine Gaskets, Oil feed line kit, Oil Drain Pipe kit, water coolant Pipe kit
Now I could probably get a billet compressor wheel to go with it.
Old 30 December 2012, 11:06 PM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by subnoobX
I am from New Zealand, and yeah would be really expensive including the shipping and the product. I can get the 25g with billet compressor wheel and anti surge for a quarter of the sc42 so just hard to make my mind up

Hi there

I would say 25G on yours will be very laggy,friend running Greddy 20G on his STi and its very laggy,he hitting full boost at 5000RPM

I would speak with Blouch

http://www.blouchturbo.com/

But yours mentioned Tomi looking like should be OK,little bit laggier

Jura
Old 30 December 2012, 11:15 PM
The Pink Ninja
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm sure I've read somewhere in one of the SC threads that a company over in NZ has fitted around 3 or 4 SC42's to customers cars as they were highly impressed with it, Might be worth asking the clinic which company it is?
Old 30 December 2012, 11:39 PM
Infected by sti
Scooby Regular

Yea I'm sure I've read that too gaz, could be worth a shout

why not come over and stick one in your case that said I've seen the border control and customs program's so maybe not

What do the tuning company's offer in terms of upgrades for you over there? I've seen a few of the Australian guys have got a few tuned motors, anything from there that maybe works out cheaper, I don't know just a thought

I've seen a few threads regarding the kinugawa 20g's turbos, some have made good power, but then I have seen a couple of people stating issues so I'm not sure tbh, I'm on the fence with that one, they seem to offer alot of product for a very competitive price, and tho's people who have made good power on them rave about them, I'm not so sure they so big over here in the uk so not quite sure what reviews people may give, I think it may be seen as a case of "why so cheap" and "you get what you pay for" over here so not many people have ran them, and I'm not sure if many of our mappers have had experience with them to comment, but I could be wrong
Old 31 December 2012, 12:37 AM
subnoobX
Scooby Regular

Yea I'm sure I've read that too gaz, could be worth a shout

why not come over and stick one in your case that said I've seen the border control and customs program's so maybe not

What do the tuning company's offer in terms of upgrades for you over there? I've seen a few of the Australian guys have got a few tuned motors, anything from there that maybe works out cheaper, I don't know just a thought

I've seen a few threads regarding the kinugawa 20g's turbos, some have made good power, but then I have seen a couple of people stating issues so I'm not sure tbh, I'm on the fence with that one, they seem to offer alot of product for a very competitive price, and tho's people who have made good power on them rave about them, I'm not so sure they so big over here in the uk so not quite sure what reviews people may give, I think it may be seen as a case of "why so cheap" and "you get what you pay for" over here so not many people have ran them, and I'm not sure if many of our mappers have had experience with them to comment, but I could be wrong
Yessss! As you guys suggested that there's some company supplying these turbos in NZ and there is a company called Subworx that stock them. Sadly they don't have any prices etc up but my friend said they have sc46 billet for around $3k NZD which is not that bad and I am sure I could ask him to knock a couple of hundred off.