Notices

Help with boost controller please

Search this Thread

Old 01 December 2012, 03:51 PM
overboostUK
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with boost controller please

Hi people, finally found the cause of my surging fault in higher gears, was linked to boost. I kinked the pipe running to the boost solenoid, and it ran base boost (5psi) without any problems.

As a test measure I have tried to install a manual boost controller/bleed valve - please remember this is just to test the car/fault out.

The problem I have is that no matter how I fit the valve, it won't boost more than 5psi.

What am I doing wrong? I've blanked off the pipe going to the inlet/air filter pipe and then put the bleed valve in between the turbo and the actuator, but it makes no difference. I've tried various adjustments with the valve, and also turned out around in case it was fitted wrong, but no change....

Please help!
Old 01 December 2012, 05:35 PM
Baz82
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by overboostUK
Hi people, finally found the cause of my surging fault in higher gears, was linked to boost. I kinked the pipe running to the boost solenoid, and it ran base boost (5psi) without any problems.

As a test measure I have tried to install a manual boost controller/bleed valve - please remember this is just to test the car/fault out.

The problem I have is that no matter how I fit the valve, it won't boost more than 5psi.

What am I doing wrong? I've blanked off the pipe going to the inlet/air filter pipe and then put the bleed valve in between the turbo and the actuator, but it makes no difference. I've tried various adjustments with the valve, and also turned out around in case it was fitted wrong, but no change....

Please help!

Did you take out the rescrictor pill? What happens when you pull the pipe off the actuator and drive it?
Old 01 December 2012, 05:52 PM
overboostUK
Scooby Regular

I have tried it with/without the restrictor pill, it makes no difference.

I didn't try it with the actuator pipe off, but have put it all back the way it was - and now it still doesn't drive right. Think I will just give up and sell it
Old 01 December 2012, 08:57 PM
scoobwrx94import
Scooby Regular

when fitting a manual boost controller im sure u have to unplug the boost solenoid as it will still be reading the boost of the solenoid and not ure manual one i only no this as my old classic had one fitted and the plug was off think it was the top one on a 3 port