Notices

new parts ordered. Yay. now for advice

Search this Thread

Old 01 November 2012, 02:21 PM
Nic1911
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question new parts ordered. Yay. now for advice

Been off the forum for a while as I sold my bug WRX to a mate of mine and got myself a 350z. However that itch that is a Impreza STI never did get scratched so I went and bought a blob widetrack and got rid of the 350z.

Anyway now I am back in the Subaru game I find that the bushes on the rear anti roll bar are fooked so today I decided to order a set of CDF front and rear drop links via the group buy and have ordered a Perrin performance 22mm rear arb.
I went for Perrin as opposed to Whiteline as I haven't heard very good things about the finish on Whiteline products and they rust quickly???

Now to the questions part.

Firstly can someone advise me if having a thicker rear arb induces more oversteer?
Also the Perrin item is adjustable so wonder which of the 2 settings should I set it on if its mostly used for road use but trackdays occasionally?

On another technical matter the Brembo brakes on the front can someone tell me if there is a thread through the caliper that leads the bolts to the hub? If so has anyone come across issues with the fact that the bolts are steel and the calipers are an alloy and the two metals reacting therefore stripping the thread of the caliper?

I had a similar issue albeit with brake hoses being changed on the 350z brembo's and the 2 metals reacted and the thread got stripped.

Cheers
Nic