Notices

exhaust sections wanted but what exhaust fits 1999 SUBARU IMPREZA TURBO 2000 AWD?

Search this Thread

Old 29 October 2012, 11:05 PM
Paulgeorge01
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Lightbulb exhaust sections wanted but what exhaust fits 1999 SUBARU IMPREZA TURBO 2000 AWD?

High guys some help required please. I am looking for 2 x used exhaust sections my first generation facelift classic 1999 Subaru Impreza Turbo 2000 AWD (JF1GC8KD3). I have owned this car/beauty for 12 years (man & boyJ). I need to replace the (front) down pipe section with CAT & sensor (the sensor is on the bell housing that bolts directly onto the turbo). I also need to replace the middle section with CAT. I have been told from one source that the exhausts sections from any first generation classic Subaru Impreza Turbo 2000 AWD from 1994 to 2000 will fit also the STI & sportwagon exhausts from the same years will fit. Then a second source has told me that only the 1997 to 2000 (external facelift model) with the sensor on the bell housing that bolts directly onto the turbo will fit also the STI & sportwagon exhausts from the same years will fit. I have had conflicting information form different sources & just want to dot the I’s & cross the T’s so to say (get the correct information before I purchase these parts second hand). Many thanks in advance. Also if you happen to have these parts for sale, give me a shout & I’m sure we could do a deal. Your time & help in resolving this matter is very much appreciated. One more question if I may. I have been told that I don’t need to get a replacement middle section with a CAT, one cat at the front is enough to pass the MOT emissions test? Cheers. Am also new to this forum so if this post would be better posted in a different area of the site please advise. Which part of the site is the best to post a wanted advert for the exhaust sections once I know what I’m after? Sorry for all the questions, typical newbe.
Old 30 October 2012, 01:49 AM
Baz82
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cant read your post mate.

All Classic exhausts are the same fitment 92-00

And no difference between wagon/saloon

If you need to run a cat contact an exhaust supplier they maybe able to modify it for you.Or there is of the shelf options like a sports cat downpipe and the then just run any staianless steel Cat back system you like
Old 30 October 2012, 02:57 PM
Paulgeorge01
Scooby Regular

Cheers Baz for that information, very much appreciated.

When you say you can't read my post do you mean you can only read the title & the main post is not visable? Or is it you can read the post but it doesn't make sense?

Cheers Baz.
Old 30 October 2012, 05:13 PM
Baz82
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Paulgeorge01
Cheers Baz for that information, very much appreciated.

When you say you can't read my post do you mean you can only read the title & the main post is not visable? Or is it you can read the post but it doesn't make sense?

Cheers Baz.
What I meant was it very hard to read with no paragraphs or separation in the text. I read the title and opened the thread and once I seen the layout of the post I didnt even bother reading it.

Its probably why there is not any replys plus this topic probably has been covered 1000+ times on here at this stage and there is a search function

Anyway you hav the info you need so enjoy your new exhaust mate
Old 30 October 2012, 11:50 PM
Paulgeorge01
Scooby Regular

cheers for the info & your honesty. Will take on board what you are saying for any future posts.