Notices

NEED HELP, no really do

Search this Thread

Old 22 September 2012, 08:30 PM
fuzzmuzz
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEED HELP, no really do

right people i bought a wrx about a year ago, last owner had put a blitz Dual Boost Controller on it the solenoid has gone bad so have decided to ditch it and put it back to stock.
I spent today putting it back to standard with new vacuum hoses, the problem i have is when i put my foot down it will hit 15psi on my gauge. I wont lift ill keep my foot down and it will drop down to 10psi then will boost back to 15psi then drop down to 10psi and back up again and so on it wont hold boost.
I never had the old resrictor pill and my mate had one spare the only trouble is hes now told me its a 1.0mm prodrive one and not the standard 1.2mm could this be causing the problem or my it be something else.
Old 22 September 2012, 08:47 PM
JDM_Stig
Scooby Regular

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

what year is the car and have a look what ECU you have and we can tell you what boost it should be running.
Old 22 September 2012, 08:57 PM
Midlife......
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looking back at the OP's last thread it's a 51 plate Bug WRX... Which solenoid are you running? the standard OEM 2 port?

Shaun
Old 22 September 2012, 09:03 PM
fuzzmuzz
Scooby Regular

it a 52 bug very low milage and all it has is a blitz nur spec cat back exhaust everything else is standard including the 2 port.
Old 22 September 2012, 09:13 PM
toneh
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by fuzzmuzz
right people i bought a wrx about a year ago, last owner had put a blitz Dual Boost Controller on it the solenoid has gone bad so have decided to ditch it and put it back to stock.
I spent today putting it back to standard with new vacuum hoses, the problem i have is when i put my foot down it will hit 15psi on my gauge. I wont lift ill keep my foot down and it will drop down to 10psi then will boost back to 15psi then drop down to 10psi and back up again and so on it wont hold boost.
I never had the old resrictor pill and my mate had one spare the only trouble is hes now told me its a 1.0mm prodrive one and not the standard 1.2mm could this be causing the problem or my it be something else.
Put a 1.2 pill in it mate

Tony
Old 22 September 2012, 09:20 PM
fuzzmuzz
Scooby Regular

so you think its that then its boosting really well untill peak then backs off then goes again is there anywhere apart from subaru i can get a pill from.

Dan
Old 22 September 2012, 09:27 PM
toneh
Scooby Regular

so you think its that then its boosting really well untill peak then backs off then goes again is there anywhere apart from subaru i can get a pill from.

Dan
It's spiking because of the small pill size , either drill your old one out to 1.2 or a 1.2 mig welding tip will do the job

Tony
Old 23 September 2012, 05:28 PM
fuzzmuzz
Scooby Regular

thanks for the advice tony. Been out in the rain today to sort it, drilled it to 1.2mm and its like driving a different car dont know why the last owner ever fitted the boost controller if he wasnt going to set it up right.

Dan
Old 23 September 2012, 06:15 PM
toneh
Scooby Regular

thanks for the advice tony. Been out in the rain today to sort it, drilled it to 1.2mm and its like driving a different car dont know why the last owner ever fitted the boost controller if he wasnt going to set it up right.

Dan
No problem , glad your sorted mate

Tony