Notices

coolant leak. please help

Search this Thread

Old 13 September 2012, 01:19 PM
GoML-STi
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default coolant leak. please help

Hi I seem to have a coolant leak somewhere under my turbo its not coming from the inlet or outlets of the turbo. The car lost almost all its water last night and the temp got very high up the gauge when I got out to check it was making a hissing noise from somewhere near the turbo. I looked underneath the car and there was water dripping round the sump plug. Has anyone got any idea where this could be coming from. A diagram of the coolant system would help all I seem to be able to find is N/A impreza ones.
Old 13 September 2012, 01:46 PM
d4vidh
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would hazard a guess at the seals on the crossover pipe. There are 2 of them and they are very cheap from Subaru. The inlet manifold will need to be removed to get access to them. Shine a torch through the inlet manifold to see the top of the engine and look for pools of water/coolant. Although others will probably pipe up and say Head Gasket
Old 13 September 2012, 01:57 PM
GoML-STi
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by d4vidh
I would hazard a guess at the seals on the crossover pipe. There are 2 of them and they are very cheap from Subaru. The inlet manifold will need to be removed to get access to them. Shine a torch through the inlet manifold to see the top of the engine and look for pools of water/coolant. Although others will probably pipe up and say Head Gasket
I hope to god its not the head gasket. There's a good chance it is tho I'm off out to check it out in an hour or so.