Notices

fuel guage

Search this Thread

Old 11 September 2012, 12:01 AM
scaniaman
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fuel guage

hi all, i just joined having got myself a 95 subaru impreza turbo, not even sure if its a wrx or sti,as guy i got it from didnt say, & log book just says turbo, but i do know its not an import as the insurance told me when i got it insured, anyway, it has, as expected a few niggles & i wondered if some1 could help me with them, 1stly, the fuel guage aint working? any ideas on this & help would be good, starting with the least painfull lol, the spot lights were taken out as 1 is broken, but i cant find the wires they plug in2 in the bumper, where could the wire be,& what am i looking for? lastly, how do i get to the bulbs in the high level brake light? its had the big mother spoiler put on her? thanks
Old 11 September 2012, 08:34 AM
Shmerman
Scooby Regular

If yours is a UK car as the insurer have said then its not a wrx or an Sti, its a UK turbo 2000.

The fog plugs are attached to the same part of the wiring loom as the indicators in the front bumper so you should be able to track them from here.

As for the fuel tank sender......i'm not sure on this one....you could try the plugs under the back bench seats or if there is a plug on the tank lid (can't remember) under carpet in the boot, drivers side. Remove 4 screws from cover to access it
Old 11 September 2012, 10:03 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

FOG lights, not SPOT lights.....and utterly useless for seeing anything at that.
Rather than replace a cracked one, sell the other on ebay and put the money towards a pair of DRIVING lights wired into headlight main beam. Hella 1000FF's are good, if you can get them. They ares still sold in the USA and the exchange rate is decent...

Then you don't NEED the connectors, LOL.

Sender unit is under the cover, under the rear seat, as above, rear seat comes out with two, or three, bolts along front edge, lift and pull. Rear is caught over clips, so lift rear too.

High level spoiler? probably LED's, inside a semi-sealed unit. IF it's a genuine spoiler, it's a spoiler-off job to remove the light unit. If not, two long screws intyo it's face.

You MAY be able to break the unit apart and unsolder/re-soler LEDs in, but it will be easier to source a new unit......IF you can find out who made the spoiler. Otherwise it's a long search on Google and ebay.

Best of luck.
Old 11 September 2012, 07:51 PM
scaniaman
Scooby Newbie

Default thank you

thanks for the great info mate, like i said yesterday, im new to scoobys, i used to think i was quite good at mechanical things till i lifted the bonnet on this 1, lol, feel totally ignorant now. so, i have a uk 2000 turbo, so, what is the difference between mine, an sti, and a wrx? which is best, thanx,
Old 11 September 2012, 08:23 PM
mickywrx
Unmapped 12.4s @ 105

Location: Newcastle. 330bhp-289lb/ft @ 1bar boost - 12.4s @ 105mph
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
They are much of a muchness at that age, Jap import is better equipped as standard though, air con, rear wiper etc.

Later imports went with the VF range of turbo's whilst UK Turbo 2000 stayed with the TD04 1996/7 is onwards. Your car "should" have a TD05 fitted as standard being an early car.
Old 11 September 2012, 10:05 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Jap cars got all the toys: rear wash-wipe, folding mirrors, better seats, different instruments, hotter engine, lightweight suspension parts etc.

WE got a price some £7000 ABOVE what the cheating Japs paid, and nothing special on the car.