Notices

Fitting new boost solenoid and oil catch tank advice needed !

Search this Thread

Old 22 August 2012, 07:42 PM
BHPvstorque
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Fitting new boost solenoid and oil catch tank advice needed !

Hey guys
Once again I am looking for advice I have a Perrin 3 port boost solenoid and an oil catch can to fit to my facelift 1999 Subaru Turbo but not sure where to start or how to fit them ? My motor is a 2004sti motor if that makes a difference with ver 5 heads not sure if that affects anything ?
Really not sure where to start and been given great advice previously so fingers crossed you guys can help
Cheers
Kris
Old 22 August 2012, 10:57 PM
madmarx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by BHPvstorque
Hey guys
Once again I am looking for advice I have a Perrin 3 port boost solenoid and an oil catch can to fit to my facelift 1999 Subaru Turbo but not sure where to start or how to fit them ? My motor is a 2004sti motor if that makes a difference with ver 5 heads not sure if that affects anything ?
Really not sure where to start and been given great advice previously so fingers crossed you guys can help
Cheers
Kris
The perrin 3 port normally has a plug on it to connect to the Subaru harness. As far as i know this plug is the newage type with 2 pins and is rectangal in shape wheras classics normally have the circular plug. There will be no performance gain by fitting a perrin instead of a Denso sloenoid.
Oil catch can i dont know much about so cant comment.
Old 22 August 2012, 11:08 PM
RICHARD J
Scooby Regular

I'd use a classic Subaru 3 port, but it may need wires soldering in as the plugs may be diferent. Catch tank has been done to death, use the guides on here. RCM tank is best but pricey, OBP is good but big & hard to find a good location. The cheap EBAY ones can be OK but aren't baffled so you need to open them & put some scotchbright in them for the oil to stick to or they don't work.