Notices

What Fuel for Map and what turbo ?

Search this Thread

Old 12 August 2012, 12:21 PM
ukpaisley
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What Fuel for Map and what turbo ?

Good news and bad news, due to a little technical difficulty my 2.5 ODB Project V1 WRX has been delayed. The good news is that due to the delay I may upgrade more parts, but I am on a budget.
I have a Simtek and this will have the new FW in it and will be able to retard the ignition if I get a bad batch of fuel. Should I get it mapped on Supermarket Premium fuel knowing I can get that fuel anywhere as I am not chasing every last bit of HP.
Next up is the turbo, I have 550cc injectors , and may go for an after market PFR as I think my pressure is a little on the low side, also its being plumed up to a Hybrid FMIC.
I am on a V1 inlet, what turbo will so If lift the manifold using spacers and I could go for a front entry turbo and that opens up the turbo choice. Will this make the more room for IC the pipework ?
Power level I am after is 380 to 410, but I would prefer to run low boost as opposed to 1.8 to 2Bar. The engine is 8.5 :1 so I should get good response.
Again there are allot of exotic turbo’s out there, but they demand a premium and I have to save some money for my brake upgrade ! so something to do the job , I am on 4 pots at the moment.
Old 12 August 2012, 06:33 PM
ukpaisley
Scooby Regular

Anyone ?
Old 13 August 2012, 10:31 AM
nickscooby
Scooby Regular

I was always advised to map the car on most available petrol.

I've had both of my imprezas mapped for tesco99 but still run perfectly on Vpower but if mapped for Vpower won't like tesco99. apparently Vpower is more consistant than tesco but you pay for it.

don't know how much help this reply is just passing on what i was told.
Old 13 August 2012, 06:38 PM
scooby546
Scooby Regular

Recently had mine mapped and followed advice on here to use the best readily available fuel for the map, then stick to it. I'm using Tesco Momentum99 as I get points back for beer, er, i mean groceries, and its more or less the same as Shell V Power as far as performance is concerned.

Not sure about the other upgrades you mention but if you want advice on upgrading the brakes speak to Ian at Godspeed
Old 14 August 2012, 06:58 PM
ukpaisley
Scooby Regular

Thinking that the ECU moves the ig time for bad fuel, should the map be pushed a little further , and ok for bad fuel ?