Notices

please read bugeye wrx wagon suspension

Search this Thread

Old 11 July 2012, 09:47 PM
wrxtomo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default please read bugeye wrx wagon suspension

in he next month or two i intend to refresh and up grade the suspension on my bugeye wrx sportwagon. i dont want to lower my car as the roads in my area are full of speed humps and crators but i will fit stiffer shocks in the future and a rear anti roll bar from whiteline with there rear drop links but as i dont intend on lowering the car would it be worth me fitting an anti lift kit and roll centre adjuster kit as i will be up rating the front bushes and drop links, also my car will be used just for the road.

cheers for you help.
Old 11 July 2012, 10:47 PM
Gigsy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm currently revamping my suspension with the following mods with the aim of improving turn in and reducing understeer:
  • STI alloy front arms - wider track, more available camber and can be modified to give more caster
  • Caster adjustment bushes - similar to ALK
  • Adjustable top mounts - mainly for more caster
  • Roll centre adjustment kit - I'm lowered 20mm on Prodrive springs
  • Rear adjustable ARB - once I've done the front end mods and know how much understeer is still left to dial out

Basically, the advice I've received is to add as must caster as possible and to have a slightly more aggressive geo set up.

Mine is gradually becoming more of a trackday toy than an everyday car (though this will take a while) so I'm probably taking things further than I need to but if I was just doing it for the road and wasn't lowering, I think I'd just do the ALK and rear ARB.

As far as shocks go, my fronts were done recently and my rears are starting to get a little tired so I'll be replacing those soon too. When I do, I will probably just get KYB Excel-Gs as they make specific wagon fitment and I only need to replace the rears. If I was doing all 4 though, I might go with KYB Ultras but these are only in saloon fitment so you'd need some camber bolts for the rear to add back some negative camber adjustment.

Last edited by Gigsy; 11 July 2012 at 10:50 PM.