Backbox suggestions & fitment - Hawkeye

Search this Thread

Old 13 June 2012, 12:19 PM
agoutimonty
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Backbox suggestions & fitment - Hawkeye

Hi all,

Fairly easy question for you all please if I may...

Is it only newage designed backbox's that fit Hawkeye's? I'm sure i've heard before that classic fitments will also fit however one of the hangers are redundant (and is not really needed anyway)? Could someone definitively confirm this for me please?

Now my next question!

I recently had a Japspeed (sports cat) downpipe and a Hayward and Scott center pipe fitted (and re-mapped by Slowboy Racing). The sound has changed somewhat, a VERY discreet burble now however I'd like to turn up the volume a fair bit It's got the standard STi backbox on there at the moment so my question is what would people recommend (with the above setup) as good backbox to go for? The sound I'm after is not necessarily the loudest out there but after a nice deep bass'ey burble (classic scooby sound) and defo not a mettalic sounding growl!

If anyone has a hawkeye and has managed to achieve what im after please let me know what you have!

Cheers all

Agoutimonty
Old 13 June 2012, 12:49 PM
DT-SPD
Scooby Regular

I have a H&S sportscat, 2nd cat delete, non-res centre and classic design back box.

Its quiet when pootling about but makes a lovely sound when opened up.

Here is a clip of it at idle

Here is another of it on the Black Mountain Pass , this was before the downpipe though.

Old 13 June 2012, 04:35 PM
agoutimonty
Scooby Regular

Cheers for your response DT-SPD,

Must say that does sound nice! As well as changing it for sound I'm after a jap look too though, probably a 4.5" slashcut - was looking at a few old threads on here and quite a few people recommend a Ninja 2 or the Afterburner Vortex for the burble...

Just really dont know what to expect from them soundwise as the Hawks tend to sound very different to the classics/2.ltr newages :s

Thanks