Notices

question about remapping

Search this Thread

Old 15 April 2012, 05:40 PM
lanceuppercut
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default question about remapping

my car was remapped before i got it, probably because it had a full decat'd, i got a rolling road printout with the car showing its running at 270bhp which the rb5 never was.

my question is when remapped, would the mapper likely have mapped as far as it my parts could have taken it or would the remap likely to have been a consequence of adding those bits only just to making sure the bits that were added would work? (if that makes sense)

short version: is it likely that a mapper wouldn't safely remap to the car to its limits?
Old 15 April 2012, 05:42 PM
winston69
Scooby Regular

Really depends who mapped it
Old 15 April 2012, 06:33 PM
Yellow R
Scooby Regular

Personally I think your best bet would be to ring the company that mapped it to get a clearer picture of what was done to it, With some places you can go back for a tweak after you added few bits etc, As you are probably aware that proper tuners never push it to the limit as many cars are tuned down abit for reliability, But if its some back street garage they probably will push it to the limits but that's when you have things blowing up
Old 15 April 2012, 06:53 PM
lanceuppercut
Scooby Regular

i've got a reciept from powerstation uk ltd for a "ecutek remap" which was where it was done but other than that i have no details about what was done on the map itself except for a RR printout.

i'll give them a call tomorrow but afraid i'll come a-cropper if they explain what was done as i'm a total newb when it comes to cars!

assuming a standard PPP'd RB5 except for a lightweight race flywheel (or so the reciept says), a full 3" revolution decat and powertech induction (whatever that is!), does 270hp and 261lb/ft seem "right" from a remap?
Old 15 April 2012, 07:01 PM
Yellow R
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by lanceuppercut
i've got a reciept from powerstation uk ltd for a "ecutek remap" which was where it was done but other than that i have no details about what was done on the map itself except for a RR printout.

i'll give them a call tomorrow but afraid i'll come a-cropper if they explain what was done as i'm a total newb when it comes to cars!

assuming a standard PPP'd RB5 except for a lightweight race flywheel (or so the reciept says), a full 3" revolution decat and powertech induction (whatever that is!), does 270hp and 261lb/ft seem "right" from a remap?
Yh that would be your best bet mate have a chat with them first then take it from there as to what you want to do with the car.
Reading what you have said for mods it sounds about right at them power figures..
Im sure thay had a Prodrive re-mapped ECU aswell as standard but im not 100% on that...
Old 15 April 2012, 07:10 PM
lanceuppercut
Scooby Regular

apparently the PPP package does change the ECU to make the car 240bhp, so around 30bhp from the mods sound right then.
Old 18 April 2012, 03:21 PM
Scoobyn
Scooby Regular

Those were the same mods I had done inc map on my last car and it was putting out the same power so I'd say it was right.