Notices

water pump failure?.

Search this Thread

Old 05 February 2012, 02:19 PM
gt4350
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default water pump failure?.

hi all new the this forum so hello to you all and hope you can help me out. sry for my spelling in advance....

Took the car out yesday and within a few minutes the car had warmed up i never thought any more about it untill the temp gauge went sky high so i pulled over toped her up and up and up but still couldnt get the temp down eventurly got her home.

Today i thought of id take alook at her so i decided to take rad out clean her, take thermostat and test that the thermostat opens and closes fine. so i put her all back together toped her up whilst she was jacked up i noticed a leek from what i think is comeing from behind the cam cover. any ways i started her up and blead the system and still nothing cold hair comeing from the heaters but temp gauge shooting up.

Now the top rad pipe is red hot but the bottom one stone cold so i thought id take the top pipe off and see if water was flowing through took it off nothing bone dry. is this sings of my water pump shot?

Oh also the car is a 1993 wrx

many thanks Craig
Old 05 February 2012, 06:10 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

First off, how do you THINK you are bleeding the system? There IS no effective way to do that.

Do a quick search on here how to fill the system. Your problem sounds like an airlock or aheadgaskets gone. I hope it's the former.
Old 05 February 2012, 10:44 PM
scoobyhyp
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if you have water leaking from behind the right hand side cam cover it could be the water pump tell tale hole you need to jack it up get it on stands get under neath with a decent tourch and look above the themostat .. good luck pump is about 60 quid from euro`s