Notices

Nuby

Search this Thread

Old 13 September 2011, 03:51 PM
Leeisgay
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nuby

Hey guys, first post and its a help me please. any advice mucho appreciato. engine gone bang got it out the car and stripped. its needs a new crankshaft as it cant be reground (took it to guildford engine and gearbox), main bearings, bigend bearings, oil pump, oil modem??? (it that the part below the oil filler or filter or not?) and 2 con rods also required. GEGB quoted £1600ish for the parts can I get them cheaper. do I have any other options that doesnt include petrol and a match? cars a 93 wrx with ej20 engine code. thanks guys. really wana fix this and keep the car going but its all about the money mf. Lee.
Old 13 September 2011, 04:45 PM
forister
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Leeisgay
Hey guys, first post and its a help me please. any advice mucho appreciato. engine gone bang got it out the car and stripped. its needs a new crankshaft as it cant be reground (took it to guildford engine and gearbox), main bearings, bigend bearings, oil pump, oil modem??? (it that the part below the oil filler or filter or not?) and 2 con rods also required. GEGB quoted £1600ish for the parts can I get them cheaper. do I have any other options that doesnt include petrol and a match? cars a 93 wrx with ej20 engine code. thanks guys. really wana fix this and keep the car going but its all about the money mf. Lee.
welcome buddy.... sorry to here a but scooby. you will find all you need on here.. you will get a nice re con. for 600 ish
Old 13 September 2011, 04:50 PM
Mr moff
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hiya mate,welcome.
Just a thought but it might be worth considering spending that kind of cash on another car.Maybe strip the old one and keep for spares.
Have you spent much on your current one?

Danny.
Old 14 September 2011, 08:20 AM
Leeisgay
Scooby Newbie

Thanks guys. Recon for 600ish sounds ok ne ideas on who in da souf could do this? and how do I change my username to Lee is not gay?
Old 14 September 2011, 09:06 AM
bigsinky
Scooby Regular

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha **** me fella. were you pished when you signed up or what?
Old 14 September 2011, 10:36 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Before doing any repairs/rebuild/exchange engine, you need to know WHY it went bang, or the new one just might do the same

Can you say waht mods have been done, if any, and if the car has been remapped, if so, when and by who?

Oh, and ask one of the mods about a username change.