Notices

Poor paint/rust on a 59 Outback

Search this Thread

Old 14 September 2011, 11:00 AM
Ross99
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Poor paint/rust on a 59 Outback

Hi, I have a 59 plate Outback, and am having problems with the paint. Car is unmodded about 9 months ago I noticed some rust bubbles on the leading edge of the roof, where the windscreen and roof join initially the dealer thought these were stone chips but I disagreed as there were no other marks on the body and on a couple of them they could not have been caused by a stone. I was palmed of by the dealer, so complained to Subaru, who to their credit sent a guy to check the paint. Long story short they resprayed the roof under warranty. I have now noticed some more rust on the roof this time at the very back of the roof rails, almost underneath the rails themselves, you can only really see it when the rear door is open. They now want to check all the spot welds on the roof as they think they might be "moving". Anyone else having paint quality problems, or rusty roofs?
Old 14 September 2011, 11:31 AM
tubbytommy
BANNED

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Phone subaru again, i thought they had a long corrosion warranty.
The roof is an odd place for rust!
Old 14 September 2011, 12:17 PM
Ross99
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

tell me about it they are looking into it again, there was a scooby guy there when it was in for a service he inspected it and took lots of pics etc. Having a few probs with this car, ex demo bought it from the dealer when it was 6 months old, sunroof sticks, keyless locks dead locked me and the wife in the car! with both keys ! that was a laugh I can tell you. rear brakes sticking its only done 23k ffs