Pulsing vibration & whine?? - '08 STi

Search this Thread

Old 08 September 2011, 03:03 PM
sworgs0022
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pulsing vibration & whine?? - '08 STi

Hi there,

I've just traded in my 04 WRX for an 08 STi Hatch last week.

The day after I bought the car I notice that every time I turn left (even only slightly) when over 40mph or so there is a slight vibration and a low pitched humming noise that seems to be coming from underneath the car.

It's not the usual faster vibration that you get from an out of balance wheel or the kind of whine you get from a knackered wheel bearing, its more of a slow rythmic pulsing. It feels like its coming from under the floor, cant really tell if its front or rear.

The pulsing/vibration don't get any faster as speed increases, it stays at the same rythum but just becomes louder.

Its only on left turns or when the wheel is slightly turned left. Only things I can think of is maybe a problem with the diff or maybe diff mounts or something, that its maybe moving slighty while its on load to the right side.

Any ideas on what this may be would be appreciated. I'm worried sick about this as I've only just bought the car. The independent dealer I bought the car from has said they will take the car in next week to have a look but I dont know what stance they'll take, especially if it is something seriously expensive!

Cheers for your help
Scott