Notices

HELPPP!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03 September 2011, 10:23 PM
Billet
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELPPP!!!!

Hi, i am having a problem with my 2005 sti and was wondering whether someone could help.

a couple of weeks ago i had a MD321T, fmic, gt spec headers etc etc fitted and the car remapped and also the coolant changed

A smaller overflow bottle was fitted with the fmic, it is a lot smaller than the original.

When giving it a few full throttle runs, it kept blowing the overflow cap off and water spewing out, the bottle would overflow with water. I put up a thread and was advised that the lip on the new overflow is crap, so i secured it down. It no longer pops off. On the new cap there is a small hole at the top for air to bleed out. water now pisses out of this hole.

I did another coolant change today and filled the coolant through the turbo pipe to prevent an airlock but the above still happened. when i went for a run, it started to overheat. I came back and opened the bonnet to see coolant pissing out from the small hole in the overflow lid.

I felt the radiator pipes and the top one is boiling hot and bottom one is only warmish, the radiator is also cool.

Don't know what to do know as i don't know what is wrong.

If i have missed anything, let me know.

Could anyone advise please
Old 03 September 2011, 10:31 PM
wrxsti280
Scooby Regular

Sounds like there is air in the system, does your coolant overflow not have a small hose coming off it to drain excess coolant away??
Old 03 September 2011, 10:34 PM
midcheshirewindscreens
Scooby Regular

Im no professional but does sound like an air lock. Someone will help
Free Bump
Old 03 September 2011, 10:49 PM
Billet
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by wrxsti280
Sounds like there is air in the system, does your coolant overflow not have a small hose coming off it to drain excess coolant away??
on the original overflow from my oem overflow bottle, the lid had a very tiny hole. anyway it popped this lid off so had to get another which it popped off again somewhere on the road. third time round i managed to get another lid with a small piece of hose sticking out the lid and managed to secure this lid down so now doesnt pop off but pisses out the small hose. iv even tried blocking this small hose off but it still manages to squeeze out by the hole in the bottle where the long hose sits inside. its really doing my head in now mate after spending so much on my car and after all the wait i cannot even drive my car due to this problem.
Old 03 September 2011, 11:49 PM
wrxsti280
Scooby Regular

Im guessing it is lots of air in the coolant, get a local garage to check it out for you.