Notices

Squeak

Search this Thread

Old 29 August 2011, 10:01 PM
blueg14rep
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Squeak

Hello, I own a 1995 impreza import and I have the most annoying squeak coming from the back of the engine bay (i think) and its getting worse.

Now when you have the handbrake on but in gear and jerk it forward it makes the squeak and now when your driving along and put your foot on and off the accelerator quickly, it does the same.

I'm wondering if its the engine mountings/bushes because it seems as if when the engine moves under power it does it! I have tried rocking the engine but cant get it to do it but sometimes if the car is running and you slam the door it will do it.

Everytime I take it to the garage to get them or get someone else to listen, it wont do it. Then other times it doesn't stop squeaking.

I swear its driving me crazy Its the type of squeak you hear when someone has squeaky brakes, I changed all my pads and disc's when mine started doing that, so have every little patients for things like that, ha ha

So where are the engine bushes, so I can have a look at them to see what condition they are in and even change them.

Thanks Claire
Old 30 August 2011, 03:49 PM
scoobyhyp
Scooby Regular

me thinking you should feed that MOUSE !!!!!!
Old 30 August 2011, 03:52 PM
scoobyhyp
Scooby Regular

engine mounts are under the engine there are two of them and sit on the cross member hard to check as the weight of the engine is pushing down on them easy ish to change though, are you sure its not the rear brace that goes from the gearbox to the engine ??