Notices

BC COILOVERS

Search this Thread

Old 26 August 2011, 05:16 PM
STI Dan78
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BC COILOVERS

Hi there all, just wanted to drop a line or two about the BC coilovers and setting them up! i opted for these on my 05 sti and have to say it's an awesome looking set up, i got the rear extenders in the deal and after ordering it from scooby parts in Bedford on the tuesday it was with me on the wednesday!! on the saturday i fitted this kit myself and completed it after a total of 5 hours! i did the job myself and had no such luxury as a ramp or a second pair of hands, just me and my trusty jack! it all fitted spot on and is very easily adjustable for ride height. After the install i decided it needed to be set up with the laser 4 wheel alignment and corner weighted as im planning a few track days!! Gotta say to all fellow scooby drivers in the suffolk/east anglia region looking for someone to set up there coilovers then the best place to go is AFM located in martlesham Ipswich, the main man is Rick Kerry and he has a employee called rob who worked on my scooby, he certainly knows his stuff and got it all don and dusted in just over 3hours!! not only does the car look awesome as it's now slammed but it handles like it's on rails!! best bit is the price, they only charge £35 per hour and they are not VAT registered so it's happy days!! anyone looking to contact AFM then dial in 01473 624890 and ask to speak to Rick, and just mention that Dan gave you the heads up on him and his company!! will be uploading some pics of mine b4 and after the coilover kit was installed! oh and if there is anyone looking to uprate their standard wrx then give me a shout as iv'e got my standard sti shocks and springs that need a new home at the right price!
Old 26 August 2011, 05:52 PM
TINO.wrx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

congrats for doing the work yourself, i did the same and glad i did. well i say that i did get a little p'd off with taking off the o/s/f strut as the hub wanted to raise upwards with some pressure. so that was tricky but otherwise im a happy bunny!!

steve
Old 26 August 2011, 06:21 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Great job..........but put it back to original ride height and THEN get it setup properly, THEN it'll handle. By lowering it, you have upset the roll centre so now it will roll more. Imagine wehat it'd be like if it were at standard height......