Notices

Help Scoob is missfiring

Search this Thread

Old 14 August 2011, 11:47 AM
Tyler 1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help Scoob is missfiring

I have had my car of the road for some time as was getting my brake parts together etc, whilst the car was off the road i decided to get my mate to come over and clean my engine bay, we did this as we taped up all electrics etc, started the car up and it did run lumpy but after a while it cleared out and the car started running fine left it for 10min running then turned it off.
Then about a week later i decided to start working on the sensors oil, boost and pressure, brought the fitting kit from scooby parts and fitted the fixings to the block, took off the alternator and the front mount IC pipes..
Then i fitted my Brembos then when i went to start the car it runs real lumpy, as if it is miss firing, i have changed the coil pack, checked the plugs they were matt black so i cleanned them up, then i checked the boost pipes and one was off which was the one that goes to the other solenoid, not the boost one, connected that back and still no joy, took the car for a drive up the road and it pops and bangs like mad and does not rev properly, also the petrol is real low so i am not sure if there is dirt at the bottom of the tank...
Any other things to check would be helpful... :-(
Old 23 August 2011, 11:20 AM
Tyler 1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

put £15 v power in... Checked all plugs and they were just black from over fueling, checked each plug for spark and all seem to have strong sparks....
Really dont know what else could be wrong...
Could something reset if the battery was disconnected for a long period??
Old 27 August 2011, 02:38 PM
Mr moff
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Have you tried resetting the ecu and run a diagnostic check using the wires under the dash?
I had a weird running problem over the last few days which turned out to be the maf sensor.

Danny.