Insurance Question

Search this Thread

Old 30 July 2011, 01:54 PM
jjcarlsson
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Insurance Question

Hi Guys,

Im a newbie and looking for advice on insurance for a 22b if anyone has any knowledge on it. I have pretty much done a deal on a 22b in southern Ireland, the car is on UK Plates. Im from Ireland and Living in the UAE, but the car will be kept in Southern Ireland at my home. I plan on registering it there to. I aquired the cars details from the current owner, and went about getting quotations for clearing the car to register it in Southern Ireland. To my suprise the log book of the car states that it is a standard Version 5 coupe. This is good to clear the car, as the import tax in Ireland is approx 30% of the value of the car so the car will be cheaper to import and register. My problem is when I rang my insurance company to gain a quotation for the car, and gave them the details, they book valued the car based on the chasis dtails and log book details at between 4.5-5k, were as its costing 25k+. When i started to explain that the car starts of life as a standard version 5 coupe Sti, and is modified by Subaru by Hand etc, the insurance company said that the car is modified and they cannot touch it. This is the total opposite, the car is totally orginal and has no modifications whatsoever. I realise all 22b's have the same version 5 sti logbooks, but has anyone any advise or experience in getting around the insurance companies as the 22b in not coming up on the system. If it was ever stolen, im nearly sure i would loose out if i claimed. Thanks guys, any help be great.

Jonathan
Old 30 July 2011, 02:01 PM
Midlife......
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to scoobynet Jealousy crawling out of every pore.......

Personally, I'd post on 22B.com where I'm sure you will probably come across the seller LOL

http://www.22b.com/

Shaun
Old 30 July 2011, 03:57 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

The 22B is based on the version 4 (MY98) STI type R, its a factory limited edition car so all you need to tell them is that

Tony
Old 30 July 2011, 08:33 PM
Midlife......
Scooby Regular

Any link to the sale ??

Shaun
Old 31 July 2011, 12:35 PM
jjcarlsson
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Shaun and Tony, thanks for the reply. You could be right Tony, the seller did say the version, I thought it was 5 he said, but it could have been 4 that he said.

Shaun,

the car is not advertised, the seller has a collection of collectables like a csl, rs2000, 22b, etc. He owns a garage and is a car fanatic, all rare stuff. I have test driven 4 22b's over the past year and a half, and by a long shot this one is cleanest. 37k on clock, full documentation from new. I have pictures of it, but not sure should i post since the sale has not concluded yet?

JJ

Last edited by jjcarlsson; 01 August 2011 at 11:02 PM.