Notices

Hawkeye fuel pump

Search this Thread

Old 24 July 2011, 01:13 PM
neatrags
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hawkeye fuel pump

Hi I have a 56 plate hawkeye and i won't to upgrade my fuel pump but there seams to be a gss341 and a gss422 (walbro) but people are unsure what I require I want to buy the correct one also the is a off set inlet and outlet and a parallel inlet and outlet and I do want the correct one for my car any help would be helpful 
Old 24 July 2011, 03:51 PM
mrjelly
Scooby Regular

Hi
Don't know much about the gss number, but cant find many references to a 422 and I think the one for an impreza is a gss342 and the 341 is for a legacy, I just bought the one for a newage turbo 2001-2007 from scooby world,
http://www.scoobyworld.co.uk/catalog....php?p_id=1292

Was easy enough to fit to hawkeye (the electric connector is a straight plug in), but walbro is slightly longer than stock one and you will need to shorten the rubber hose a bit - was a bit of a tight fit, but I couldn't get the bracket off cos instead of a bolt as on classic it was a ceased alloy screwhead that just wouldn't budge and stripped, I ended up having to bend the bracket forks back gently and then rebending them back in shape.
Re-use the stock filter bag - it's bigger than the one supplied and is more efficient.
Only other thing is before taking off the 3 fuel line hoses make sure you disconnect the wiring plug from top of mounting. Open up fuel filler cap to even out pressure and try to start the car SEVERAL times, even if she doesn't start (probably will first time) to get rid of fuel from the lines - mine pissed out quite a bit of fuel until I opened up filler cap!
Old 24 July 2011, 06:39 PM
neatrags
Scooby Regular

thankyou very much for your help much appreciated
Old 24 July 2011, 07:27 PM
mrjelly
Scooby Regular

You're welcome
Now I'm home from work, I've taken a look at the box and stock pump I took off.

There are NO gss numbers on the box only ITP154 - a Sytec branded box, but the pump had Walbro stamped on it. I don't remember if there were any numbers stamped on it.
There are no numbers at all on the stock pump.

The systec walbro pump can be bought cheaper here (BUT I don't know how reliable they are)
http://shop.motorsport-developments....-154-662-p.asp