Notices

wrx sti what

Search this Thread

Old 20 June 2011, 01:53 AM
pugaru
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wrx sti what

right im newbie to subaru you guys know what your talking about been fed bull**** for to long now. right subaru sti , subaru wrx , whats the difference iv got sti on my work bench and wrx engine im lookin at them they look the same apart from the cams there bigger that's all i can see . pp my cars a classic 1996 wrx . right hered stronger internals on sti ok , where is the power coming from , please put it in layman's terms .
its a cry for help i cant afford sti at moment so lookin for sti power , i track day my subaru no road use ,a mini metro blizzed me i was the slowist car on the tack day lol
Old 20 June 2011, 02:10 AM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi there

i would recommend invest some money to ARB's(Anti Roll Bars something like Whiteline),Droplinks(CDF or Whiteline),Wheel Alignment,i assume you are running front 2 pots,if yes i would recommend have look for Subaru 4pots and get decent pads(EBC BlueStuff NDX or DS2500) with good discs and braided lines too,and you will be much safe and better on tracks than before.

For power depends how much power you are looking,if you are looking for around 330-350bhp you will need at least VF30,VF34,VF35,550 STi pink injectors(not sure if you have 440cc injectors which can be FPR good for your power),STi TMIC(FMIC will be better in longer run and for track days),and plus mappable ECU like ESL,SimTek or Apexi PowerFC.
And i'm not sure if its your engine/clutch/gearbox will hold this power increase.

Jura