faulty running? Fuel Pump

Search this Thread

Old 08 June 2011, 11:46 PM
labpedro
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default faulty running? Fuel Pump

Hi guys,

I've neglected fixing the classic since I got the blobeye, so am getting round to sorting out the running issues, mot it and hand it over to the wife. Now, problem I had was that accelerating, not particularly flooring it, It would give symptoms of a fuel/boost cut. It would happily drive at lower revs, tootling along below 2500-3000 revs, and also if you accelerated gently it would be ok, just when you accelerated more vigorously. So far I have changed various things (New maf sensor, spark plugs, plug leads, boost controller, fuel filter, and silicon pipe work around the boost turbo/controller/maf area). Now, I had noticed that the fuel pump did not prime when the ignition was turned on, so im wondering if the fuel pump was broken, would it still allow fuel through into the engine enough to allow the car to drive normally, but when its floored the fuel going through isnt enough to drive and it cuts out?

I had a metro many many years ago that would happily tick over and drive slow, but when it was accelerated it would cut out, and that ended up being a blocked in line fuel filter.

Any help would be appreciated guys

cheers
Ray
Old 09 June 2011, 12:49 AM
Pramas
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

not sure if it is ur prob, but a 255l pump such as a walbro is cheap and a great preventive measure, its a bit like a high spec comp with a crappy power supply, pony up a couple of quid to safe guard a costly repair, 1 of the mods mods to do in a highly or even older spec car, just to make sure its safe. Running lean is a big no no, £70 vs 2k+ rebuild is a non brainer

Last edited by Pramas; 09 June 2011 at 12:51 AM.