Notices

Drivers seat, MY96 - can it be moved further back??

Search this Thread

Old 20 April 2002, 11:10 AM
RaZe-=Buzz=-
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Im not a tall chap, being around the 6 foot mark, but I find the scoob cramped after driving anything else cos Ive got longish legs.

Does anyone have an idea what is required to alter the seat / runners so I can move it backwards about 4 inches? It doesnt matter about rear legroom, cos Im gonna be sitting in the front

Is it something I can do from my garage with a drill and some hammers?

Its not got the sport wrap around type seats, just the simpler ones as per the pics.

Ta ver' mush

Old 21 April 2002, 10:36 PM
RaZe-=Buzz=-
Scooby Regular

not even a "cut your legs off" ?

The dealer at Horncastle in Lincs said they can do it, but hey want money of course.....do they know more than the scoobynet? :P
Old 22 April 2002, 10:08 AM
David_Wallis
Scooby Regular

Location: Leeds - It was 562.4bhp@28psi on Optimax, How much closer to 600 with race fuel and a bigger turbo?
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The seat bolts in to the floor via three bolts at the back and two at the front... the underside of the car has large plates welded to it.. if you move it back and then drill some new holes through and buys some longer high tensile bolts (not b&q bolts) (may need to alter the front brackets though.... then make sure you put some large plate washers under the car(preferably galvanised) and lock nuts on... and that should be that...Unless I am forgetting something.. Be carefull if you have seat belt pre-tensioners on your model...

David
Old 22 April 2002, 10:16 AM
David_Wallis
Scooby Regular

Location: Leeds - It was 562.4bhp@28psi on Optimax, How much closer to 600 with race fuel and a bigger turbo?
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just had another look at pics... front would def. require some work.. Get a quote from the dealer if its less than 200 quid i would get them to do it.... I would imagine you would have to do a lot for the front... unless the runners come off the bottom of the seat and can be re-drilled... best bet is take the seat out and have a look...

David
Old 22 April 2002, 01:04 PM
RaZe-=Buzz=-
Scooby Regular

Many thanks Mr W. I am NOT the worlds most enthusiastic spanner man, so I'll get it looked at by "the pro's" (17 yr old YTS trainee I expect)