Notices

weird problem lack of power then full power

Search this Thread

Old 07 May 2011, 01:12 AM
welded1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default weird problem lack of power then full power

iv a 93 wrx with a pump,reg,panel filter,turbo back pipe,also a z4 ecu fitted with eclipse performance chip,
iv replaced the maf sensor,o2 sensor,and boost solenoid but iv got a weird problem.when it comes on boost i goes to just over one bar but feels like its holding back not missing or anything just like your know i should be more reponsive and lack of power for the boost
once it gets to nearly 5k on the revs the boost drops back to 0.9 and feels like a little hicup and away we go and it then goes back to one bar
its ok if you keep th revs up but if it goed below 4.8k then it does this,had it checked on the road and only fault found was o2 sensor which iv changed,i had another chip in and it does the same thing anybody any ideas
Old 07 May 2011, 02:57 AM
greenfumb
Scooby Regular

has the j1( i think) link been cut for the chip? or possibly its just under fuel cut limit i had a 94 wrx sa wagon done the same turned out the manual boost controller was set so close to the fuel cut it felt hesitant turned it down sorted
Old 07 May 2011, 08:22 AM
musso2010
Scooby Regular

Have you checked for any error codes?

I would also check for air leaks, On your car, its very common for the intercooler pipe to split causing lack of power etc...

What condition are your coils in? Again, on your year car its not uncommon for them to crack causing bad performance and a missfire (ie - hiccup).

Theres a few things for you to check out. Keep me posted.
Old 08 May 2011, 01:34 PM
welded1
Scooby Regular

thanks for replys ,its not coilpacks its weird it makes 1 bar then drops of a little then goes better and then while its on song the boost goes up again and its fine,its not fuel cut either its like everything is not running in sync until high revs
i.e. the timing and boost is there but lack of fuel until higher revs oe something
had a fault code for o2 sensor when i plugged the wires underneath the dash together but on the sub computer it had no fault codes but when we checked the value of the o2 sensor it was low so i changed it and still no difference
Old 08 May 2011, 02:22 PM
gettintherequick
Scooby Regular

Sounds like the problem i had mate but it only happened in first gear..engine blew on friday past so be careful or you'l end up in my position