Notices

DCCD ABS Lights

Search this Thread

Old 12 March 2011, 02:57 PM
hawkeyescoob
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DCCD ABS Lights

Got a problem with my hawkeye spec c - both DCCD isnt working, ABS light is on and brake warning light is on.

Found this procedure to pull DCCD codes:

"There is a 'procedure' that allows the DCCD position indicators to blink out a trouble code pattern.

Here is the procedure from the 2007 Impreza service manual.....

1. WHEN USING THE DIAGNOSIS INDICATOR LIGHT NOTE:
Perform steps 4) to 8) below within 30 seconds.

1) Securely apply the parking brake.
2) Switch the center differential control dial in the
differential free position.
3) Start the engine.
4) Switch the center differential control dial in the
differential lock position.
5) Release the parking brake.
6) Switch the center differential control dial in the
differential free position.
7) Securely apply the parking brake.
8) Repeat steps 4) to 7) two more times."

Using this method I got the following errors:

DCCD Code 31 - Manual mode switch
DCCD Code 33 - Brake switch
DCCD Code 34 - ABS switch
DCCD Code 37 - Neutral position switch

Now what do these mean? Where can I find them?

Thanks
Pete
Old 12 March 2011, 03:11 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Take it to a dealer who knows about JDM's, have you replaced anything or removed anything from the car or did this just appear when you started?
If you wanted to replace all the above its going to cost you a packet, it needs a diagnostic machine really to fix the fault.

Tony
Old 12 March 2011, 03:35 PM
spanner monkey
Scooby Regular

Do your electric windows work ? My Uk hawk had a very similar fault & it was the ecu back up fuse blown.

Dave
Old 12 March 2011, 08:19 PM
hawkeyescoob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TonyBurns
Take it to a dealer who knows about JDM's, have you replaced anything or removed anything from the car or did this just appear when you started?
If you wanted to replace all the above its going to cost you a packet, it needs a diagnostic machine really to fix the fault.

Tony
I had a minor bump when the weather was bad which made airbag so off so replaced the steering sensor as thought I may have damaged that when I replaced the airbag but still the faults are showing. Dealer plugged it in and said it was steering sensor thats why I replaced it but hasnt fixed it.

Originally Posted by spanner monkey
Do your electric windows work ? My Uk hawk had a very similar fault & it was the ecu back up fuse blown.

Dave
Yes electric windows work. What was your symptoms?
Old 13 March 2011, 11:22 AM
spanner monkey
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hawkeyescoob
I had a minor bump when the weather was bad which made airbag so off so replaced the steering sensor as thought I may have damaged that when I replaced the airbag but still the faults are showing. Dealer plugged it in and said it was steering sensor thats why I replaced it but hasnt fixed it.

Yes electric windows work. What was your symptoms?
No DCCD, no electric windows & all but the CEL & handbrake warnings lit up on the dash. Main stealer said ecu was faulty

Dave
Old 24 March 2011, 11:42 PM
hawkeyescoob
Scooby Regular

Anyone know where I can get a DCCD wiring diagram for a 2006 spec C?

Cheers
Pete
Old 25 March 2011, 08:53 AM
gussy
Scooby Regular

Location: oop north in a spec-c.Now sold and starting on a classic ra track/sprint/road car
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Hawkeyes the steering sensors on the spec-c are very very delicate just taking the steering wheel off can damage them (been there got the tee shirt) the roll spring below the steering wheel has the steering sensors underneath it did you replace that sensor or just the roll spring ?basically the electronics dont know where the steering is and go into default I had the same symtoms ages ago and ended getting the complete unit from Peter at prosport in stockport also the Jap part numbers for this item are different to the uk/euro model plus the unit inside is different if you phone peter and give him the symtoms you have Im sure he will be able to help you plus he has direct contacts in japan and can get the part over in a few days.BTW the unit comes already set up complete ie roll spring steering sensor etc etc not cheap tho I think I paid a tad over £500 fitted.
Old 27 April 2011, 08:49 AM
hawkeyescoob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by gussy
Hawkeyes the steering sensors on the spec-c are very very delicate just taking the steering wheel off can damage them (been there got the tee shirt) the roll spring below the steering wheel has the steering sensors underneath it did you replace that sensor or just the roll spring ?basically the electronics dont know where the steering is and go into default I had the same symtoms ages ago and ended getting the complete unit from Peter at prosport in stockport also the Jap part numbers for this item are different to the uk/euro model plus the unit inside is different if you phone peter and give him the symtoms you have Im sure he will be able to help you plus he has direct contacts in japan and can get the part over in a few days.BTW the unit comes already set up complete ie roll spring steering sensor etc etc not cheap tho I think I paid a tad over £500 fitted.
what do you mean the unit inside is different?