Cosworth engine into a p1

Search this Thread

Old 23 February 2011, 06:25 PM
HawkeyePPP
Scooby Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Cosworth engine into a p1

Evening all! I am fairly new to the forum and was after some advice from
Anybody who can help. I am currently in the process of building a cosworth engined p1 and I'm using the 2.5 engine with a 2.6 billet cosworth stroker kit. However the cosworth cylinder heads run VVT and need oil lines plumbed into the existing oil system. Any ideas on where to start? I was thinking of getting a 2.5 oil cooler kit but will the connections be on there to run the necessary pipe work?

Thanks in advance!
Old 23 February 2011, 06:32 PM
gus sti8
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the heads supply there own oil however u will need a ecu to control them
Old 23 February 2011, 06:43 PM
Alan Jeffery
Scooby Regular

Location: Enginetuner.co.uk Plymouth Dyno Dynamics RR Engine machining and building EcuTek SimTek mapping
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HawkeyePPP
Evening all! I am fairly new to the forum and was after some advice from
Anybody who can help. I am currently in the process of building a cosworth engined p1 and I'm using the 2.5 engine with a 2.6 billet cosworth stroker kit. However the cosworth cylinder heads run VVT and need oil lines plumbed into the existing oil system. Any ideas on where to start? I was thinking of getting a 2.5 oil cooler kit but will the connections be on there to run the necessary pipe work?

Thanks in advance!
You have a great deal to do! You'll need the VVT ECU, or better still an after market version of it and the wiring loom. You'll also need the pipework and banjos to feed the VVT system which picks up from the heads.
The Cosworth fully built engine is based on the US version, so you'll need different brackets for the VVT sensors whcih we can supply.
You have a few options ECU wise, you're welcome to call Martyn on 01752 345880 to discuss?
Old 23 February 2011, 06:48 PM
HawkeyePPP
Scooby Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can i use a stand alone ECU instead? for other builds in the past on different cars i have used Omex ECU's which are fairly easy to use. Do you supply the pipework to feed the VVT system too? The whole block is cosworth cams,shims,lifters,retaining springs, valves, crank, con rods, pistons, bearings etc