Notices

Clio Sport help need (might be a long shot)

Search this Thread

Old 21 February 2011, 01:55 PM
hpoolsteve
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clio Sport help need (might be a long shot)

Hey Guys

I have a clio 172. The engine management light came on and put it on comp and the info it gave me was "Fuel evaporation regeneration valve open circuit"

Any ideas what this is? Dont wanna take it to Renault (the pikeys).

Any help would be great. I have tried Cliosport.net but not very helpful on there.

Like i say its probably a long shot,

Cheers
Old 21 February 2011, 05:07 PM
nick172sport
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hpoolsteve
Hey Guys

I have a clio 172. The engine management light came on and put it on comp and the info it gave me was "Fuel evaporation regeneration valve open circuit"

Any ideas what this is? Dont wanna take it to Renault (the pikeys).

Any help would be great. I have tried Cliosport.net but not very helpful on there.

Like i say its probably a long shot,

Cheers

the not are they ive got a 172 now ill have a look
Old 21 February 2011, 05:19 PM
hpoolsteve
Scooby Regular

Thanks very much mate
Old 21 February 2011, 05:20 PM
nick172sport
Scooby Regular

Thanks very much mate

someones answered you over there
Old 21 February 2011, 08:00 PM
jayukRS
Scooby Regular

funny enouth i had this,ended up being a faulty sensor.....my 172 is long gone now but i truely miss it,great little car
Old 21 February 2011, 08:33 PM
hpoolsteve
Scooby Regular

[QUOTE=jayukRS;9895129]funny enouth i had this,ended up being a faulty sensor.....my 172 is long gone now but i truely miss it,great little car[/QUOTE

Any chance you can remember what sensor it was.
Old 21 February 2011, 09:13 PM
jayukRS
Scooby Regular

cant remeber mate ova 5 years ago took it to a reanalt and they sorted it...most things end up being sensors ive had maf,cambelt positioning,neutral positoning,all been faulty sencors,so dont think it will be anything serious....all sensors are just switches mostly working on voltage reterning bk to its sourse,all it takes is the link to snap or a losse wire then the signil is lost....get it down to reanalt....u will just have to pay the silly labour charges
Old 21 February 2011, 09:27 PM
hpoolsteve
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jayukRS
cant remeber mate ova 5 years ago took it to a reanalt and they sorted it...most things end up being sensors ive had maf,cambelt positioning,neutral positoning,all been faulty sencors,so dont think it will be anything serious....all sensors are just switches mostly working on voltage reterning bk to its sourse,all it takes is the link to snap or a losse wire then the signil is lost....get it down to reanalt....u will just have to pay the silly labour charges
Thanks for the advise buddy. Time to get ripped off
Old 21 February 2011, 09:30 PM
nick172sport
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the advise buddy. Time to get ripped off

useless closport aint it
Old 21 February 2011, 10:00 PM
jameswrx
Scooby Regular

Received 40 Likes on 27 Posts

Sounds like purge control solenoid, but it could be a wiring fault going to it too. i know the clios can have loom wear probs near the ecu too.

First thing I'd do is locate solenoid then check wiring to it.

Trouble with diagnostic work is you very rarely get a fault code and change the part and it sorts it. Usually it points you in the rough area, I went out to a van the other day that the AA man had told the bloke it needed anew maf after EML appeared. I pulled the code and it said maf signal improbable, the aa man took that as dead maf, I took improbable as pointing towards the airflow not being what it should, pulled the airbox lid off and the air filter was collapsed (not been serviced for 40k miles) new air filter ( and rest of service) and it was perfect.

What I'm long windedly getting at is don't take faults related to specific things as gospel. It may be a wiring fault, it could be the sensor indeed but locate solenoid, check wiring, check wiring next to ecu (as I've read about this ecu wiring on clios) then if you're on a budget get a 2nd hand solenpid and try that.

The alternative is taking a shafting on labour from renault telling them you just want diagnostic only and then locate a bit 2nd hand tc
Old 22 February 2011, 07:42 AM
hpoolsteve
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by nick schofield
useless closport aint it
They are useless. Might buy another Scooby just for the sound advice you get from here. Such a great Forum

Originally Posted by jameswrx
Sounds like purge control solenoid, but it could be a wiring fault going to it too. i know the clios can have loom wear probs near the ecu too.

First thing I'd do is locate solenoid then check wiring to it.

Trouble with diagnostic work is you very rarely get a fault code and change the part and it sorts it. Usually it points you in the rough area, I went out to a van the other day that the AA man had told the bloke it needed anew maf after EML appeared. I pulled the code and it said maf signal improbable, the aa man took that as dead maf, I took improbable as pointing towards the airflow not being what it should, pulled the airbox lid off and the air filter was collapsed (not been serviced for 40k miles) new air filter ( and rest of service) and it was perfect.

What I'm long windedly getting at is don't take faults related to specific things as gospel. It may be a wiring fault, it could be the sensor indeed but locate solenoid, check wiring, check wiring next to ecu (as I've read about this ecu wiring on clios) then if you're on a budget get a 2nd hand solenpid and try that.

The alternative is taking a shafting on labour from renault telling them you just want diagnostic only and then locate a bit 2nd hand tc
Thanks for the sound advice mate. Best start doing some research to find out were the solenoid and ecu is then.