Notices

central cocking

Search this Thread

Old 08 January 2011, 05:36 PM
scoobypaul1
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default central cocking

1st of all i am so sorry for typing cocking insted of locking i didnt notice untill i submitted it and cant change it .
hi ive got a impreza 2000 and ive removed the central locking module and trying to find out what wires do the lock and unlock would anyone know .any help would be great

thanks paul

Last edited by scoobypaul1; 08 January 2011 at 05:41 PM.
Old 08 January 2011, 05:41 PM
P600wrx
Scooby Regular

it is single wire operation mate, now depending on what alarm you are going to fit this could be a long thread, so here we go,

on the loom to the cdl unit there will have been 2 wire conected to 1 wire which was cut, single wire operation, now just reconnect this wire back to factory,

simple way of doing it, buy a 2 wire cdl motor fit it in the drivers door and wire the alarm cdl for adding door motor,

other way is wire the alarm for single wire operation and connect to the wire that was cut,

tell me the alarm you will be getting and fiotting and will help as much as possable it's not that hard but will look and sound it lol
Old 08 January 2011, 07:57 PM
scoobypaul1
Scooby Newbie

hi m8 u are right is was cut in half i thought it looked strainge 2 wires connecting to the 1 wire i will let u know how i go by the way im going to fit a eaglemaster e8 2 way system

thanks paul
Old 08 January 2011, 08:09 PM
P600wrx
Scooby Regular

ok mate, i would for ease wire it for single wire op then if the alarm has the abilty to do it that is, ie: full locking relays on board
Old 08 January 2011, 08:11 PM
P600wrx
Scooby Regular

have u got the remote start 1 mate if so bud i wouldn't bother with the enginge start, i have seen alams like these in the past and tbh they seem poor quality, i found a pdf of the instrucions cant see anywhere how to programme the rpm for the remote starting might cause starter run on when started,

bad point, there is not diagram for single wire operation

Last edited by P600wrx; 08 January 2011 at 08:23 PM.
Old 08 January 2011, 08:32 PM
ScoobySteve69
Scooby Regular

Damn, from the title I thought this was a completely different thread
Old 08 January 2011, 09:30 PM
scoobypaul1
Scooby Newbie

hi thanks for ur reply dam u are good i am stupid for not seeing that it dont opperate via single wire and no crank timer so it could over crank il have a think wever to fit it and if i do give it a go il let you know how it goes thank you for all your help

thanks paul

Trending Topics

Old 08 January 2011, 09:39 PM
joz8968
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

You can re-edit the title.

But it only shows the change in the actual thread itself (i.e. here). For some weird reason though, it won't show the change in the forum threads list section
Old 08 January 2011, 10:22 PM
P600wrx
Scooby Regular

don't worry about the cdl mate, just reconnect the single wire and fit a slave motor in the door, also you will have a chip in the key for the factory immob, now i have always removed this from the key and fitted it in the car hidden so the factory system does not arm, something else that is fiddly if tyou damage it in the slightest way then the car won't star at all...... other than that the alarm looks ok
Old 08 January 2011, 10:33 PM
scoobypaul1
Scooby Newbie

hi m8 i think i will give it a go at least ive tryed it and the inside of my car is still in bits lol but i will let you know tomorow

thanks paul
Old 09 January 2011, 12:43 AM
greenfumb
Scooby Regular

Hi im trying to wire my new alarm to remote lock my car not sure how to wire door trigger to the alarm something about polarity any help please guys???????????
Old 09 January 2011, 12:09 PM
P600wrx
Scooby Regular

bit more info plz green, what alarm do you have, and what do u mean door trigger, scoobs are neg door polarity the wire for the door trigger is a yellow with grey rings in the blue plug for cluster, just above ur right knee behind panel bottom row 3rd from the right as for the cdl easy to just put a motor in the drivers door and wire alarm for reverse polarity, if it has the 6 wire locking built in if not then you need 2 5pin relays............let me know i will help all i can
Old 09 January 2011, 12:24 PM
greenfumb
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by P600wrx
bit more info plz green, what alarm do you have, and what do u mean door trigger, scoobs are neg door polarity the wire for the door trigger is a yellow with grey rings in the blue plug for cluster, just above ur right knee behind panel bottom row 3rd from the right as for the cdl easy to just put a motor in the drivers door and wire alarm for reverse polarity, if it has the 6 wire locking built in if not then you need 2 5pin relays............let me know i will help all i can
Cheers P600 sorry it was late lol,its a cyclone car alarm,immobiliser and remote start thats all done now slight prob with remote start i am trying to wire in the central locking to lock /unlock car via remote which is being a big problem i have heard i need another door trigger or something but aslong as drivers door locks and unlocks im happy cuppa tea and im of out there to wrestle with the wiring thanks again p600wrx
Old 09 January 2011, 06:12 PM
P600wrx
Scooby Regular

ok as said earlier fitting a door motor in drivers door is best way to go, i can't find a wiring diagram to look at to give u some info can you tell me if it has 6 wires to control the locking or just 2 what problem u have with the remote start?
Old 09 January 2011, 06:48 PM
greenfumb
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by P600wrx
ok as said earlier fitting a door motor in drivers door is best way to go, i can't find a wiring diagram to look at to give u some info can you tell me if it has 6 wires to control the locking or just 2 what problem u have with the remote start?
i have taken of the door card and there are only 2 wires going to the drivers door lock mechanism thats as far as i got, hope this is helpful.

The remote start is wired in apart from when it starts the engine the starter motor keeps cranking over once its running, i have an orange wire that says wrap 5-7 times around the high coil not sure if this is why its still cranking,i tryed wrapping it around 2 spark plug leads but no different my scoob aparently has 1 coil per spark plug so im kinda puzzled or am i even wrapping it around the right thing????????
Thanks alot for the help mate
Old 09 January 2011, 08:27 PM
P600wrx
Scooby Regular

ok locking, forget about any wires you can see, they control the cdl module in the passenger side for the other 3 doors,

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?...rderCode=YD79L

buy this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

fit as follows look at the inside door handle, 2 rods, 1 opens the door when u pull it, the other is attatched to the locking mech, ok assble the motor u get from maplins the brass rod has to bolt to the mech arm, now if u can understand this,

the motor has to fit inside the door by the fatory lock low down and the brass rod can connect by the trianle plastic part where the rod from the lock in the handle connects to another rod going down to the mech phew lol, i am trying to find a picture if not i will take one tomorrow, then u need to route some twin core wire following the factory loom, through the door through the grommet and into the car where u coneect it to the wire you have for the cdl, bear in mind the wires must be configuered for adding acctuators/slave motors