Notices

Classic Turbo Oil feed line Banjo Bolt

Search this Thread

Old 29 December 2010, 11:02 PM
WildPikey
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Classic Turbo Oil feed line Banjo Bolt

Since I bought my Classic I have had a slight oil leak but this morning I noticed a rather large puddle underneath, Upon investigating I found it to be coming from the area around the where the Turbo Oil Feed Banjo bolt goes into the head, I removed the bolt to find it had a slight crack and the threads don't look very good either, As though it was cross threaded on the way in, I have re-tapped the hole but the replacement banjo bolt does not seem to do up tight enough now although it does go tight if I just wind it in on it's own, Basically I am looking for some ideas? Don't really want to be taking the head off but looks like fitting a Helicoil might be the only way forward?
Old 30 December 2010, 12:54 PM
merlin24
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

HeliCoil would be a permanant solution to the damaged thread but would be concerned with swarf getting into the oilway and clogging the oil restrictor in the cylinder head - would wipe out the R/H cylinder head very quickly.
If you can blank the oil feed off on the back of the head, you can take an oil feed from above No.3 cylinder or 'T'-off from the oil pressure switch with a braided hose to the turbo.

Hope this helps,
Mick