Notices

Alarm Siren Removal

Search this Thread

Old 04 December 2010, 05:53 AM
Pink_Floyd
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Alarm Siren Removal

My alarm siren has decided to become really quiet, probably due to snow melting and getting in somewhere. (2002 Bug STi)

I've read it can be removed and dried out or replaced. So the question is how easy is this to do? I know it's under the scuttle panel which I can remove no problem.

Any help appreciated
Old 04 December 2010, 08:37 AM
Rescue Dude
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

During the floods a couple of years ago I struggled to get home with all the road closures and ended up having to carefully drive through about 2 foot of flood water.
When I got home and locked it I noticed my alarm didn't beep. I was too tired to do anything about it then so the next day I had a look and saw that i'd flooded the speaker.
Over the next few days I could just about hear the alarm beeping quietly but really hadn't the time to check it out properly but Apart from that the alarm seemed to be working just fine.
Over the next few weeks the alarm got louder on its own until it was back to its own self.
I had the car for another 2-3 years and the alarm worked faultlessly.
My advice would be to leave it and see what happens.
Old 04 December 2010, 02:52 PM
Pink_Floyd
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rescue Dude
During the floods a couple of years ago I struggled to get home with all the road closures and ended up having to carefully drive through about 2 foot of flood water.
When I got home and locked it I noticed my alarm didn't beep. I was too tired to do anything about it then so the next day I had a look and saw that i'd flooded the speaker.
Over the next few days I could just about hear the alarm beeping quietly but really hadn't the time to check it out properly but Apart from that the alarm seemed to be working just fine.
Over the next few weeks the alarm got louder on its own until it was back to its own self.
I had the car for another 2-3 years and the alarm worked faultlessly.
My advice would be to leave it and see what happens.
Thanks for the advice mate, I might just do that