Notices

Is anyone here running a Blitz Dual SBC Boost Controller on a Classic WRX (Jap)

Search this Thread

Old 25 November 2010, 07:53 PM
Danger-Ras
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is anyone here running a Blitz Dual SBC Boost Controller on a Classic WRX (Jap)

Hi guys,
Ive got a classic jap import wrx, ive got a blitz dual sbc boost controller. The car was set up with the boost controller but after having the head gaskets done the controller has lost its settings. Is anyone on here running this same setup? If so can you advise me of the settings you are using so i can use them as a guide line.
I remember that in mode 4, the boost was set at 50. Can anyone advise me of what i should set the warning level as? and the limiter setting too? (i think this was -10)
Also need to know what percentage to set the boost for the scramble boost function & how many secs the scramble boost is activated for....
If there is anything else i need to know then please help as im a newb when it comes to these, lol
Thanks
Old 25 November 2010, 11:07 PM
Grant74
Scooby Regular

Do you have an accurate boost gauge? If not, get one, and then you can set it up. You need to know what boost you are making, and whether its a standard ecu or modified, and what boost it was set up for.

Or just limit boost to 1.1 bar.
Old 26 November 2010, 03:24 AM
Mus
Scooby Regular

it's best to get a pro to look at it since the head gasket has been done your compression might be different to before. too much boost not enough fuel or air and you can be looking at a rebuild.
Old 26 November 2010, 01:44 PM
Danger-Ras
Scooby Regular

Yes i have an accurate (i think) boost guage. I will have to check what Boost im making. I have a unichip piggyback ecu and the car was all setup (extra fuel etc) with the boost controller before i lost the settings.
I had intented to get it done professionally but due to lack of funds at the mo im not guna be able to do this for the next couple of months....
I just wanted a little bit more power from the turbo while i save up to get it sorted by a pro... Is it possible just to input low settings and limit the boost so i get abit more power from the turbo but not blow the ssshh out of it before its done....
Thanks...