how is the ppp fitted

Search this Thread

Old 09 November 2010, 06:41 PM
Grant Hay
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how is the ppp fitted

how is the ppp fitted, as far as the ecu goes
is it a new ecu unit or is the origional ecu plugged into and the map downloaded

i have the origional reciept when the ppp was fitted to my car and the ecu cost 600 quid, so poss a new unit.

is it a generic map or do they take any modifications into account, ie if it has a vta dump valve then would they map it for this, or are all prodrive maps the same , and setup for the standard car.

i am looking to swap my blitz vta valve for a standard item and was a bit worried incase it was fitted when the ppp was installed and they mapped the car to suit with the dump valve and it running a bit rich.

if its a normal ppp map then should i be ok to go back to standard re circ valve.

also if it is a ppp ecu unit then is it possible to get it ecutek mapped in the future

thanks a lot
Old 09 November 2010, 06:45 PM
daz1968
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the ppp map is generic so wouldn't take any other mods into account, if you want to remap then you still need to pay the licence fee

Darren
Old 09 November 2010, 07:05 PM
Jolly Green Monster
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ppp is a generic map

Map change not required for a dump valve anyway as lomg as it works as it should then there is no issue.

Ppp is done using ecutek software and yes ecu can be remapped using ecutek in future.

Simon
Old 09 November 2010, 08:38 PM
jimbo14prodrive
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jolly Green Monster
Ppp is a generic map

Map change not required for a dump valve anyway as lomg as it works as it should then there is no issue.

Ppp is done using ecutek software and yes ecu can be remapped using ecutek in future.

Simon
so if the ppp uses ecutek software does that mean i wouldn`t have to pay the licence fee?
Old 09 November 2010, 10:43 PM
Jolly Green Monster
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by jimbo14prodrive
so if the ppp uses ecutek software does that mean i wouldn`t have to pay the licence fee?
different licence unfortunatly.. ppp is a prodrive licence, ecutek dealer uses a standard tuner licence.. so ecu ends up with two licences in.

Simon
Old 09 November 2010, 11:05 PM
jimbo14prodrive
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jolly Green Monster
different licence unfortunatly.. ppp is a prodrive licence, ecutek dealer uses a standard tuner licence.. so ecu ends up with two licences in.

Simon
lol thats a shame that sucks abit, simon i know its been asked alot but am i right in thinking a uk blobeye sti can only read up to 1.55 bar of boost safely so after that i would have to go simtek or syvecs?
Old 09 November 2010, 11:16 PM
Jolly Green Monster
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by jimbo14prodrive
lol thats a shame that sucks abit, simon i know its been asked alot but am i right in thinking a uk blobeye sti can only read up to 1.55 bar of boost safely so after that i would have to go simtek or syvecs?
do you have the mods to justify running more?

no the ecu can see more but you cannot monitor it within the datalogs it flatlines at 1.55bar so it can be set higher and setup with a boost gauge.. its much nicer being able to see it on the datalogs though etc.. whilst mapping and for future diagnoses.. map sensor maxes at 1.72bar iirc so cant run more than around 1.62bar (altohugh a 3bar map sensor could be fitted if you knew the linerisation / calibration for it) so you still have a safety margin for a boost cut.. all things considered tohugh if you have a spec warrenting running more than 1.55bar than it maybe better on an after market ecu anyway.. depends on the setup and mods etc

Simon