Notices

help cars got spark and fuel dosnt start

Search this Thread

Old 21 October 2010, 08:15 PM
kkk28
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help cars got spark and fuel dosnt start

ive just swapped over all the engine wiring from my v4 ra to my v5 type r ,i changed the loom because ive got a fully forged v4 engine,i come to a problem every thing is plugged right i have fuel air and spark but she fowls the plugs and dosnt start ive cleaned them out many times but goes bang every time you crank here up,the car was running sweet i took all the gear out off,its running on simtec i havnt changed nothing all the old set up is pugged in,i.e i did powder coat the inlet though,can any one shed some light thx.
Old 21 October 2010, 09:00 PM
Splitpin
Scooby Regular

Blimey. You are going to have to provide us with a lot more information here before we can work out what you have done, and what you may have done wrong. As a result this post will contain more questions than answers.

Your post is difficult to follow as it reads. For example, "I changed the loom because I've got a fully forged engine". That's a bit like saying I changed my toothbrush because I had a haircut".

About the only reason to change a wiring loom would be if it's broken, so is that why you changed yours? If not, what prompted the change? Version 4 and version 5/6 engine looms are different in a number of ways - so in many ways it's hardly surprising to hear you're running into problems trying to make one work on the other.

Does your Simtek ping up any errors when you try and start? Is there any reason why you can't simply refit the correct engine loom?
Old 21 October 2010, 09:27 PM
kkk28
Scooby Regular

what happed ive bought a v5 type r shell wth nothing but panels so i stripped my v4 and put every thing in v5 know i put in the full loom out of my car, regs,fuse box,e.t.c all of it fit,s in perfect as there was nothing in the v5 except the front loom for thr light which pluged straight in.the ingtiion fuel pump, lights,every thing works ,know what ive done is ive used the standard tank and fuel pump to fead the swirl pot,the pump from the pot goes in a fuel filter,the goes into the equal fuel lines and return back through a after market regulator into the swirll pot,the has spark to the leads and the plus are good the fuel comes through the injectors as it keeps on fowling the plugs it tries to fire up but keep,s on going bang,whats strange is my old car had the same set up ive not done any thing diffrent it just dosnt want to start,ive checked the ecu,all the wiring again,changed the map sensor,just so effffin pissed of just,is there any other sensor i need to be lookn at,
Old 21 October 2010, 10:36 PM
Jolly Green Monster
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

check the ecu ground is good on the manifold.

double check the injectors are not leaking as you I suspect removed them to powder coat manifold.. check by removing spark plugs and injector plugs and spin over (unplug coilpack too) and you should see no fuel out the plug holes.

Simon