Notices

New to the Forum with unusual overhating issue lol

Search this Thread

Old 17 October 2010, 03:44 PM
danlong
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to the Forum with unusual overhating issue lol

Hi there ppl im Dan and new to the forum so Hi , I drive a UK WRX 2001 bugeye which started overheating a couple pf weeks ago, I had the thermostat changed first, (start with the cheapest first lol), and appeared not to make a difference, theres no gunk under the oil cap no leaking of water or oil, no smoke, its been off the road for 2 weeks as is in need of tax and MOT (awaiting payday ) lol i started her this morning as my mechanic was going to change the water pump and cambealt of which my last pennies went on, strangely driving the car there (its only up the road) it got up to temp and as its only a lil drive would just start climbing abover the half way and up, but this time it stayed as its supposed to slighlyunder half and now my heaters a working on tickover too so im thinking maybe the new therostats kicked into life? no airlocks have done this and changed coolant, ive been out keep starting her and letting her tickover and the temp gauge rises sits normally with heating lol so no im confused as to get it taxed and MOT'd and see if it over heats when i take it on a LEGAL long drive lol, so tempting to go for a blast but sooo not worth getting nicked for no tax and mot. thoughts please ppl and hi again
Old 17 October 2010, 04:26 PM
Badbird
Scooby Regular

you are legaly allowed to drive to "pre booked" MOT Test so you could book an mot test at a garage a way from your house and thrash it a bit on the way, no tax well catch 22 here, no mot you cant get tax, so the authoritys dont leave you a choice no tax is a civil offence, your choice
Old 17 October 2010, 04:37 PM
kevin wrx
Scooby Regular

i thought as long as car is booked in for mot they cant touch u for no road tax as u need mot to tax the car,just make sure u have insurance lol
Old 17 October 2010, 09:33 PM
danlong
Scooby Newbie

aww cool thanks for the replies ppl much appreciated, im gonna book the MOT then so if i get pulled i'll tell them im going to the MOT and they can check with the garage if needs be, then fingers crossed my baby will be legally bk :-) shes standard at the mo but in Jan should be decattin the uppipe, downpipe, afterburner backbox, afterburner panel filter, upprated fuel pump, STi pinks, VF34 Turbo, and bigger brakes lol followed by a scoobyworld visit and a remap any ideas on bhp? got a bit more saving to do hence being done in January hopefully lol cheerz again ppl :-)